Vista Resolution Issue

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Deeje, Oct 7, 2009.

Oct 7, 2009

Vista Resolution Issue by Deeje at 3:56 PM (833 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Deeje
    OP

Newcomer Deeje Member

Australia
    Just a quick issue with my Windows Vista computer.
    I have bought a couple of games for my little sister from Bigfish games, and if a few of them get played fullscreen, the height of them stretches, but the width doesn't, and instead I get this black border on the sides.
    So I tried the setting to make the resolution switch to something like 640 x 480, which stops the game getting a black border, but naturally looks really zoomed. Plus when I close the game, the resolution doesn't snap back to my native resolution, which is something along the lines of 1280 x 800.

Does anyone have any idea as to either: Try and fix the resolution so the game stretched to window
    or perhaps how to make the resolution return to normal on exit?
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    do you have an nvidia graphics card? this has nothing to do with your computer's resolution. it has to do with the fix aspect ratio.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    if they are somewhat outdated then this is just how they were made
    I have a few games like that, luxor 2 for ex. just adds a gold board around the empty space around the screen and doesnt actually up the res, slingo supreme just increases the res but it looks like crap, I just keep it in windows and not full screen

4. Deeje
    OP

Newcomer Deeje Member

Australia
    Well, most of the games were released this or last year, and some released before stretch o.0
    Anyways, ye, I have a nVidia graphics card, and I saw something about fixed resolution in the control panel...

5. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    k right click on ur desktop and go to nvidia control panel. then go to change flat panel scaling. then select use nvidia scaling. this should eliminate the black bars (but it will stretch the game)