Hacking Visoly Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Drivers

skaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to revive my old Flash Advance carts.

Anyone have the original Visoly Flash Advance Linker Xtreme drivers?

I tried the v1.08b (v20712) ones off the web but the install hangs on XP.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

skaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had to manually install the driver to get it working.

The USB driver also conflicts with other USB devices so I had to remove all my USB items when running the XtremeLink program.

If anyone has the old stuff, I'd still like to get copies.

Thanks!

skaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, that's the one I got working.

The driver was a pain to install but it works.

Thanks for the reply!

skaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I have what you're looking for on one of my old hard drives. PM me your email and I'll send it to you when I find it.

Check out this site too, if you haven't already. http://consolecopywo...sh_linker.shtml

And here's my old website about the Xtremelinker! http://sozoryoku.us/base.htm

Yes, I had already been to those sites and downloaded everything. Your site was a big help since my flasher didn't come with any instructions. I'm really thankful that it was still up. I ended up archiving the pages just in case the website goes down.

Reactions: 1 person

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skaman, glad I could help. I'll leave my old site up for as long as I can. I know how frustrating it can be when you're looking for info on older devices and information is scarce. I'm glad you also archived it on your computer.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
it would be nice if someone could mirror those files to filetrip. http://filetrip.net (our official download center)
personal sites or sites from old businesses tend to fade away randomly, it would be a shame if those drivers were to disappear from the internet just like that.
at least filetrip will exist for as long as GBAtemp does, and that means a lonnnng time.

thanks to whoever will do that and mirror the link here!

Reactions: nukeboy95

assassinz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skaman, have you tried Littlewriter? It works with the Visoly Extrem Card 64 Mb, 128 Mb, 256Mb, 512 Mb . It's XP compliant too!

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=564

I haven't found any older versions of the Xtemelinker software on my hard drive. But the latest one, v1.25, was the only one I ever used anyway so you should be fine with that and Littlewriter.

I actually used Littlewriter 1.0.8.3, back in the day, but I think you may need to use a parallel cable and hook a power supply to the Xtremelinker if Littlewriter doesn't work or detect your linker with the USB cable.

And NEVER plug a power supply into the Xtremelinker if you're using the USB connection. It can damage the linker.That's what it says in the Owner's Manual.

That's right, I found the official Visoly Flash Advance Gear Xtreme installation guide PDF file on my hard drive. It tells you how to use the Xtremelinker software. But of course, the tutorial on my website gives you more detail.

I'll upload the PDF manual and Littlewriter 1.0.8.3 to filetrip soon and put the links in my next post.

I haven't used my 512M Visoly Xtreme carts in years. Maybe I'll put it to use again soon! Playing games on the GBA SP is still better than playing games on a smartphone!

skaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried LittleWriter but I couldn't get it to work with the XtremeLinker using USB. Thanks for the tip on the XtremeLinker and the power supply. A link to the XtremeLinker manual PDF would be GREAT as mine didn't come with it.

I picked up the XtremeLinker for the USB connection. My old Visoly linkers worked okay (slow!) but most new PCs no longer provide the parallel port.

I only recently picked up an SP and decided to dust off my Flash Advance Pro 64s and 256s. I also picked up a GB Micro which is nice but too small for my fat hands. The SP AGS-101 model is sweet with the perfect size and brighter display.

assassinz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The user's manual for the Visoly Flash Advance Linker Xtreme is now available. Merry Christmas!

http://filetrip.net/...Visoly-inc.html

I also uploaded the Visoly Flash Linker Advance manual v.1.00. This linker and flash cart were before the Visoly Linker Xtreme came out.

http://filetrip.net/f26933-Flash-Linker-Advance-Manual-1-00.html

assassinz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For others who may have trouble installing the Xtremelinker driver, here's the procedure as described in the readme file that was included with the driver:

If you already have the USB drivers installed please use this method:

1. Install the new XtremeLink software
2. Locate the installation directory you installed XtremeLink to and find the file "56554149.hex"
3. Copy this file into your \System32\Drivers directory, overwriting the existing one
4. Unplug/Replug the linker (be sure to have XtremeLink or any other linker software closed)
5. Fire up XtremeLink, the version number V20712 should be printed in brackets next to "USB"
6. Done :)

Yes, that's the one I got working.

The driver was a pain to install but it works.

Thanks for the reply!

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Visoly Linker Gear and the Flash Advance Xtreme 256M, but I have No idea how to install the drivers on Windoes 7, any help is appreciated.

frenc_spikeybob

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Thanks a lot for all the information above!!!
I just wanted to post because I couldn't get it to work for me...

I am on Windows Vista, Pack 2.
I just bought a Linker through a website in Hong Kong and installed the XtremeLink software as mentioned above but it looks like I still have a problem with the drivers for the Visoly cart reader.
It prompts "DLPORTIO.SYS device driver not loaded. Port I/O will have no effect." when I start the application (regardless of wether the reader is plugged in my computer or not)...

I have tried this,

1. Install the new XtremeLink software
2. Locate the installation directory you installed XtremeLink to and find the file "56554149.hex"
3. Copy this file into your \System32\Drivers directory, overwriting the existing one
4. Unplug/Replug the linker (be sure to have XtremeLink or any other linker software closed)
5. Fire up XtremeLink, the version number V20712 should be printed in brackets next to "USB"

but I cannot locate the folder on vista I do not have \System32\Drivers directory... I have System32/drivers - System32/DriverStore - or System32\DRVSTORE

I have copied the file "56554149.hex" in System32/drivers - and in System32\DRVSTORE but it did not work.
And it seems that I can't access System32/DriverStore, apparently I do not have authorizations to paste in that folder...

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Aym

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...