wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
review.gif
Virtual Boy 3DS Mock-up
Something We Want!
VIRTUAL_BOY_sistemsljfalkdjflakdjflakdjf.png

Virtual Boy owners want the complete 22 game library (and some of the finished but unreleased titles) ported to the 3DS. The technology is fundamentally similar in concept, show different images per-eye and generate a 3D depth experience. 3DS-ware has a lot of potential and one user at PlanetVB has gone so far as to create mock-ups to simulate a VB experience on the 3DS. The mock-ups are simply 3D images that give us a better idea of what Virtual Boy titles might be like on the 3DS. We really hope Nintendo is paying attention!

How to said:
[*]Turn 3DS off, take out sd card, put sd card in computer.[*]Copy the HNI_****.mpo files from the RAR into the DCIM/100NIN03 folder of your 3DS's sd card. [*]Take sd card out of computer, put in 3DS, turn 3DS on. [*]From main menu go to Nintendo 3DS Camera>View Photos. [*]Enjoy the glasses-free 3D screenshots of Teleroboxer!

Thanks Shadow, for link testing!

download.gif
Off-site Download
icon11.gif
Teleroboxer WIKI
icon11.gif
Source

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its almost guaranteed that once 3ds homebrew is available a virtual boy emulator will be attempted. nintendo should capitalize on the situation and get the VB games out to the 3ds store as soon as possible. i'd love to play wario land on my 3ds, or red alarm, hell even mario's tennis would be fun.

-another world

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I thought there was a news article on here or somewhere else that stated nintendo was at least thinking about doing this. I'm probably wrong tho and might just be thinking of the VC GameBoy announcement.

Edit: I'd be up for most VB titles but I hope they don't port Water World!
laugh.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i hope they do, so that crappy game can stop fetching $200+ on auction sites! lol.

i'm not sure but i sort of recall something discussing VB titles, i might have just been a fan making a statement. it seems that with the 3ds nintendo is getting more interested in releasing old titles. its almost like the wii downloads were a testing ground and it seems a lot of users really like to play the old games (and even buy them again). i just hope they don't still consider the VB to be the failure they have expressed in the past and that they understand that many people are probably interested in trying out the games but not willing to spend $200 on 15 yr old technology (with known ribbon cable glitch issues), let alone the cost of hunting down all 22 titles.

don't get me wrong, i love my virutal boy and my flashboy+, but having these titles on my 3ds to take with me anywhere i want would be a real treat. yet, nothing will ever replace the experience of using an actual virtual boy. it is something all true gamers should experience at least once.

-another world

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i hope they do, so that crappy game can stop fetching $200+ on auction sites! lol.

i'm not sure but i sort of recall something discussing VB titles, i might have just been a fan making a statement. it seems that with the 3ds nintendo is getting more interested in releasing old titles. its almost like the wii downloads were a testing ground and it seems a lot of users really like to play the old games (and even buy them again). i just hope they don't still consider the VB to be the failure they have expressed in the past and that they understand that many people are probably interested in trying out the games but not willing to spend $200 on 15 yr old technology (with known ribbon cable glitch issues), let alone the cost of hunting down all 22 titles.

don't get me wrong, i love my virutal boy and my flashboy+, but having these titles on my 3ds to take with me anywhere i want would be a real treat. yet, nothing will ever replace the experience of using an actual virtual boy. it is something all true gamers should experience at least once.

-another world

Shit... I should unload my copy quick in case they do!

I'll check this out later when I get off work.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
factory sealed copies sell for $200-300. for some odd reason the game is really rare, oh... probably because it sucked so bad no one bought it back then and those same people want it now. lol. if you really have it you can probably get $75+ for an open copy with the original box, maybe more. also jack bros. sells for a bunch, if you have that. i'm trying to sell the 3 games i got with my VB to pay for the cost of ribbon cable solder repairs. but if i had more games i would just sell them to pay for the FB+. i guess it all depends on the user, are you a collector or a gamer. i collect some stuff but with the VB i know i'll never own all the games with boxes so getting a flash kit was the way to go. it paid for it self the first time i played bound high (the unreleased proto) on actual hardware! =)

-another world

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kinda both... I keep some shit for the memories but mostly I just like to play games. I have a few unopened snes games but that's just from laziness, also have a few Jap Snes titles sent to me by friends in the Army. Nothing special tho.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This would really be the first commercial venue for VCing Virtual Boy nintendo has ever had, so TAKE IT DAMMIT.

Finally people would get to play VB wario land, the black sheep - or rather, the black-and red sheep - of the series. It plays a lot like the first but the sprites are WAAAY more expressive.

I'm probly one of the few tempers who plays it here with VBJin and Red/Cyan glasses often
tongue.gif

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never knew Waterworld went for that much... maybe I should the used copy I got from Blockbuster for 1$, that would be pure profit
smile.gif

Like I said months ago in various threads, I would love this. Would be great to play Mario Clash and some other games on the go.

EDIT: Should sell, I mean. I'd also be in favor of a "Virtual Boy Collection" cartridge. I mean heck, they had a Game and Watch cartridge...

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
How to said:
[*]Turn 3DS off, take out sd card, put sd card in computer.[*]Copy the HNI_****.mpo files from the RAR into the DCIM/100NIN03 folder of your 3DS's sd card.
[*]Take sd card out of computer, put in 3DS, turn 3DS on.[*]From main menu go to Nintendo 3DS Camera>View Photos. [*]Enjoy the glasses-free 3D screenshots of Teleroboxer!
Are these like the lamest instructions ever, or what?

I've never owned a Virtual Boy (played it once for a couple of minutes in a Toy 'R' Us) so having them on VC would be awesome just for kicks
smile.gif

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also made a 3D picture for the 3DS with Wario Land, in an earlier thread.
It's actually quite easy with the emulator vbjin. Just set split mode to side by side, make a screenshot, cut out the two screens and turn them into an mpo with StereoPhoto Maker.
Vbjin also supports parallax barrier, so it's already ready to be ported to 3DS.

Edit:
Found my picture:
http://gbatemp.net/t285242-3d-picture-conv...t&p=3545056

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
i dont really get why so many people want that... the games really werent that great at all.

Virtual Boy Wario Land and Mario Clash were some of the greatest games I ever played.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
red alarm is really fun. even some of the other games, tho not as well made for "3d", are still really fun to play. mostly i want it because i hope that nintendo would dig up some of the prototypes that are known to exist and release them for the 3ds. also, it might bring new interest for "retro" things and could cause some companies to release brand new titles.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte