virginize wii - nand clean help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gac1967, Dec 6, 2010.

Dec 6, 2010

virginize wii - nand clean help by gac1967 at 6:11 PM (4,019 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. gac1967
    OP

Newcomer gac1967 Member

United States
    Hello
    I am in the process of revirginizing my wii I am trying to run nand clean but it freezes soon as it starts just get black screen telling me to press A and i can do nothing, I read you need ios 249 rev 14 installed so I installed the wad but still the same

2. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    What are you trying to do? And why are you making your Wii a virgin again? There is absolutely no point in making a Wii virgin.

3. gac1967
    OP

Newcomer gac1967 Member

United States
    I am putting it back to the way it was when I bought it as I am selling it

4. trumpet-205

United States
    In that case just remove HBC and any pirated game/channel, followed by official Nintendo update (don't do update if it is region changed).

No matter how you virginize a Wii there will be always trace left for Nintendo to sniff out hacking.

5. gac1967
    OP

Newcomer gac1967 Member

United States
    But i have read nand clean removes all of priloader traces etc, and I am selling wii so want it to be clean.
    No one can tell me why nand clean loads and says press a and cannot do anymore wiimote even stays on

6. trumpet-205

United States
    When you update your Wii through official Nintendo update Priiloader is removed as well. NAND clean can only remove Preloader 0.29 or older version of traces. Even so NAND clean does not make your Wii completely clean. What further complicate thing is that NAND clean can brick your Wii if improperly used.

Priiloader is the newer version of Preloader. NAND Clean cannot remove traces of Priiloader.

Just

* Remove HBC
    * Remove any pirated VC/Wiiware
    * Remove any custom channel
    * Remove all game saves
    * Disable any Priiloader/Preloader hack
    * Perform official Nintendo update if your Wii is not region changed (it'll get rid of bootmii and Priiloader/Preloader)

TRUST ME, there is no point in further virginzing your Wii. Not only is it dangerous but also there is no 100% clean Wii once hacked. Unless that Wii is broken and your client send it to Nintendo, he/she won't find out if it is hacked. Even when sent to Nintendo, they most likely won't go that far to sniff out the hacking.

7. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    NAND Clean works fine with cios38-r17. It sounds like it is crashing while loading ios249. Reinstall ios249, cios38 -r17, install it with the cios38 installer or a known good wad.

8. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Trumpet did a nice job in explaining it. There is no way you can completely remove all hacks from your Wii. The 'virginizing' process will not remove the traces that are left on your NAND for a Wii. Just simply remove all Homebrew, the HBC itself and BootMii, Priiloader, etc., and update your Wii. Then, make your buyer aware that hacks were previously installed on the Wii, but have been removed and will not affect them in any way, though Nintendo would still be able to detect them if the console was sent in for repairs.