Hacking Video Streaming, Mac to Wii

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) First off before I start. I want to say that I tried Orb on my Mac using Crossover and that did not work and the official version for ORB is for OS 10.5 and I have Mac OS 10.4.11

Now on to the issue. I need to find a Mac to Wii video streamer and I'm open for suggestions. I have something of a "in house" date on Sunday and the beautiful lady wants to watch the anime "Maria Holic" with me. I cant find a torrent of the English sub episodes so I'm using the firefox ad on "AntBar" to rip the episodes. That part should be a breeze but now I need something to stream my vids with. what should I use? before you answer, remember I AM ON A MAC.

...any help will be dearly appreciated.

Milk & Cookies,
Lightning Kid =
happy.gif
=

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... so I ran into this program called Wii Transfer. it's pretty similar to Orb but the control you have over movie organization is a bit on the sloppy side
frown.gif
anywho. Any other Mac users in this forum have any ideas?

dodol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can always run VLC on mac and streaming using it.
or use any http streamer + internet channel.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dodol said:
you can always run VLC on mac and streaming using it.
or use any http streamer + internet channel.

I read about that slightly, somewhere... Do you know where i can find a decent tutorial and how does the web setup look? Right now, what i did to solve the problem of the "Maria Holic" was find embeded versions of them and placed the first 5 episodes in a blog post on my MySpace profile so I can easily get to them on Sunday. Everyone seems to think that Megavideo does not work on Wii's browser but it's only Megavideo - videos that are directly on their site. Anything that uses Megavideo that is embedded elsewhere works perfectly on the Wii's browser. I should know...Ive been posting up episodes of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon on my Myspace Blog in hopes that a suedo PC/Wii audience would watch them
smile.gif

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Takenover83 said:
Can't you just use Mplayerwii, and stream via SMB? Mac does support smb correct?

i tried this before and despite a lot of help from posters who had it working fine using a pc, it wouldnt work using my mac. it was set up correctly but every time i clicked on the file (or indeed folder) on mplayer it crashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-