[Video] Playing Project Natal Sure Is Embarrassing

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by B-Blue, Jun 8, 2010.

1. B-Blue
    OP

Member B-Blue im a slut

[​IMG]

"Microsoft's upcoming motion controlled Project Natal is controller-free. When the system was first showed at last year's E3, it was assumed that Project Natal will involve flailing. It will, and it does."

"Lots and lots of flailing. People do not look good flailing. And thus, people do not look good playing Project Natal. You will not look good playing Project Natal.

And...that's okay! Nobody looks cool playing regular video games. Have you ever seen what people look like watching TV?

Pretty sure the only technology that people look cool using is a computer — especially when they are writing. Furiously. (Like I am right now!)

But, hey, a room full of friends and a buncha beers, Project Natal's gobber aspect is no biggie. It's no more embarrassing that, say, playing plastic instruments! Though, word to the wise: Do not film your significant other or your children playing Project Natal and then upload said footage on the internet. What happens in the living room, stays in the living room."

[​IMG] Source

2. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I saw this earlier....man you look terrible playing this. But thats not the reason I'm not buy natal after this. Did you see how much room you need in this video? I dont got that space.

3. ore0

Member ore0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I see nothing wrong in this video
    Just a man giving orders to a flailing young boy while hitting some balls [​IMG]
    At least both of them seem to be enjoying it

4. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    This. Even if I did have a 360, I wouldn't get it just for that. My rented room is...well it has a cot and dresser and I can barely open the door in it. I'm sure this will be a great toy for the rich, but that's all, really. The rich that don't mind looking stupid [​IMG]

But seriously, that's what everyone made fun of the Wii for. As long as the experience that it provides is fun, then I'm all for it.

5. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    This is like when idiots play the wii and play tennis and throw it through the TV...unnecessary *headdesk*
    I'm sure you can play the game without looking such ftards but they choose not to...or don't know they're doing it...
    It's not gonna say 'Make sure whilst playing the game you look like an idiot on fire or you won't win'.
    Still not buying it though.

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    been saying that for months now. and i thought peeps using the wii mote looked stupid! [​IMG]

7. Theraima

Member Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Finland
    Lol man, looks dumb as hell [​IMG]

8. Gullwing

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    I'm so conveiced that the Natal will fail... I mean that the room is full of white and fully lighted... Could someone play it on a room with darker colours? Seems like EPIC FAIL to me

9. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    Honestly it looks like a ton of fun if you can get some friends together and go nuts. For regular games I don't see Natal having any use past menu control.

10. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    natal just looks like eyetoy for PS2 to be honest i think itll be overrated and not much better than eyetoy, but thats just my 2bobs worth

11. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I've actually never thought waggling the wiimote around looked dumb to be honest. It just looks like your pointing or waving at stuff, not like this where it looks like "Dancing with the Retards". [​IMG]

12. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    have you seen the Japanese mario party ads? [​IMG]

13. GundamXXX

Member GundamXXX Ergo Ego

Australia

This xD

But seriously, I once did Zumba and felt like an ass, Wii well... its emberassing aswell but this is just....stupid -_-

14. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    lol the lady has no rhythm look at the guy and the 2 kids and then look at her its like is she overdoing it much?

15. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    ...wonder how many calories someone would burn looking that stupid...

16. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    enough to always look stupid but not fat?

17. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    I'm sure people that actual know what they're doing won't be flailing around like that. You honestly think little kids and people that don't have as much experience with this kind of thing (The people in the video) compared to gamers that will most likely buy and enjoy Project Natal?

Also, I don't see how you can compare it to the Wii and say the Wii doesn't make you look stupid (Neither of them really do). Have you seen the new commercial for the black Wii where the kid is sitting through a day of sitting down a lot and being bored, and comes home to play Wii Sports Resort with his mom, where the flail their arms around in the Swordplay game. I know they most likely aren't playing it for real (In the Wii commercial), so I can really say anything about that, but this isn't exactly the best demonstration of Project Natal. I'm sure there will be a demonstration at E3 where they don't look like octopi.

One more thing...How is Project Natal embarrassing? No one is going to be watching you unless you have people at your house watching you (If they are actually interested, they won't care what it makes you look like). If you're honestly that embarrassed, don't buy it.

18. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    lol they do look like there dancing. The Natal Dance [​IMG] lol

19. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    They look like a bunch of retards. I mean, just look at their facial expressions, and the way they move. Geeze.

20. XtremeCore

Member XtremeCore GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wii a waggle device.

Natal a wiggle device.

I guess Move is between the two of them?