sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rashef said:
Wha ? No ds.nds/gba version ? Boo... the .nds homebrew for some strange reason hates my M3 (not-so)perfect(anymore) flashcard. Oh well, the first 65 song version works flawless... so I guess I'll have to stick with that. Awesome job either way
smile.gif
. Good luck and may your next projects be as successful as this one
smile.gif

This game is rated A - for Awesome.
Hmmm yeah I included the ds.nds/gba version the first time around and then found that the regular .nds version works find on my slot 2 flashcart (supercard sd). Can you test out the .nds file anyways? If it doesn't work, I can add the .sc.nds or run a google search for the "supercard magic homebrew patcher" which will add the boot instructions to the rom for slot 2. (When I run it - it says "Rom already fixed").

If you find it doesn't work - let me know - I'll post the other file...
wink.gif

Vandas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Overall, this has been an amazing game... with but one complaint.

This game is called Video Game Hero, right?... Why is it after set 7 you stop putting in video game music? I was rather enjoying nostaliging through all the old Nintendo and PC tracks, like Darkwing Duck's NES Theme and Monkey Island, only to now being stopped dead in my tracks by Green Day and other " famous " songs, something I'm much less inclined to play.

I mean, there's only ONE Megaman song, and it's not even a famous one. It would have been nice if we could pick venues associated to the genre of music: Cartoons, Video Games, TV shows, Popular Music... Then there would be grounds for alot more songs, seperated more appropriately. There are thousands of Midi's out there; no reason why at Set 7+ it had to be other music than Video Game music.

That's just my opinion, though. Phenominal work otherwise.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I can't play this game. I tried DLDI patching it and nothing. I added the vgh folder to the root of my microsd card and checked over all the files in each folder. I'm using the latest update. When I boot up the game, it just shows a black screen. Help?

Also, the vgh folder and the .nds file are in the same place. I tried playing the game with the .nds file in the vgh folder and outside of the folder.

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vandas said:

This game is called Video Game Hero, right?... Why is it after set 7 you stop putting in video game music? I was rather enjoying nostaliging through all the old Nintendo and PC tracks, like Darkwing Duck's NES Theme and Monkey Island, only to now being stopped dead in my tracks by Green Day and other " famous " songs, something I'm much less inclined to play.

I mean, there's only ONE Megaman song, and it's not even a famous one. It would have been nice if we could pick venues associated to the genre of music: Cartoons, Video Games, TV shows, Popular Music... Then there would be grounds for alot more songs, seperated more appropriately. There are thousands of Midi's out there; no reason why at Set 7+ it had to be other music than Video Game music.

Appreciate your opinion but you have one thing wrong - midi format doesn't work with this game. It's using tracker format (aka: mods) which are mod/s3m/xm/it etc. I'm still on the lookout for more tunes so if you find any in this format - please pass them along! ([email protected])

I've had a few folks try and convert midi to mod - but the resulting format was unusable by the importer
frown.gif

Anyways - check out modarchive.org or www.mirsoft.info (and maybe chiptunes.org) If you find your favorites please pass on the link
smile.gif

@GameSoulXIII - your sig says m3 simply? Anyone else with m3 simply have this problem?

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, It only took 5 minutes to get used to the controls, compared to guitar hero hack, which I could not get used to. Definatly worth winning a place on the homebrew bounty.

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have people submit songs. But is there even any software to make mods on current gen systems. A quick look around and I couldn't find any. Just players.

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stonefry said:
You should have people submit songs. But is there even any software to make mods on current gen systems. A quick look around and I couldn't find any. Just players.
I'm happy to accept songs
smile.gif
Set 14 was submitted by Lobo, and other have sent me additional songs for the next release. Please keep in mind they need to be tracker format (mod/s3m/it/xm)... Converted midi's have not been working well with my import process.

To create mods - you can use modplug tracker
smile.gif
I works on current gen systems! SourceForge.net: modplug

Cheers
smile.gif

GoMati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello!

I really wanted to appreciate great work of Sumiguchi - your homebrew really rocks!
But right now I have a problem - everything should be fine, because game worked great. It still does but when it comes to one song... CRASH - no errors, game just freezes. The song I mean is Super Mario Land 2 - I'm playing on hard, but on lower levels and Jambalaya it still freezes. I installed patches, redownloaded this song (it's sml2.xm, yup?), read manuals on site and unfortunately - nothing helped me. Is there a chance for me?

PS. I use Supercard Lite - DLDI patching was OK...

kimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks most awesome sumiguchi one question though... can you make it work on no$gba because i tried and it seems it can't fing anything in the vgh folder?

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh my, i love this game!
two of my favorite songs are wonder boy III theme and the model by kraftwerk.

i donated to the bounty and i want this to win!
smile.gif

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sumiguchi said:
Vandas said:

Appreciate your opinion but you have one thing wrong - midi format doesn't work with this game. It's using tracker format (aka: mods) which are mod/s3m/xm/it etc. I'm still on the lookout for more tunes so if you find any in this format - please pass them along! ([email protected])

I've had a few folks try and convert midi to mod - but the resulting format was unusable by the importer
frown.gif

Anyways - check out modarchive.org or www.mirsoft.info (and maybe chiptunes.org) If you find your favorites please pass on the link
smile.gif

@GameSoulXIII - your sig says m3 simply? Anyone else with m3 simply have this problem?

No, I haven't had any problems with the game.
Anyway GameSoulXIII - sumiguchi couldn't call it Guitar Hero DS could s/he?
And nobody cares what you think about Green Day.

What an awesome game. I have to say that Super Mario Land and the Final Fantasy song are my favorites...

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
joel123 said:
i have a problem when i get to super mario land 2 the game just frezzes
Yeah - I've got this same report from other ncard/mk5/firecard users
frown.gif
At this point I don't know why and am unable to troubleshoot for the next few weeks.

You can replace /vgh/d/sml2.xm with this one: http://sumiguchi.googlepages.com/sml2.xm
(the quality is a little lower but it should work)
Unfortunately - you will probably get stuck on the next set.

I don't have a full list of songs that show this problem (on the identified cards). (If someone could grab one of the save files posted, and give me a full list of songs that freeze the game - it would be appreciated).

For the above file - I used modplug tracker to convert the xm file to s3m. (and then renamed it back to xm) Maybe this same solution will work for all the songs that freeze...?

I will try to resolve this when I get back to my pc - unless some keen player out there can attempt to convert some of these tunes to make them compatible
wink.gif

Thanks for all the compliments on the game
smile.gif
It's really appreciated!

GoMati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, this version of song makes the problem gone. Thank you so much for helping!
rolleyes.gif

But, as you said, I got stuck 2 sets later (set seventh) - The Flinstones theme makes the game freeze (like the last one) and here comes a weird one... Lucys song makes game freeze slowing it really much (yeah, I know that it sounds really weird, but maybe it can help?) Sometimes when you start game after "Sumiguchi" screen it slows down a much or freezes, but i think the reason is these two songs, because one song is playing randomly when game starts. So it should repair itself after songs will be repaired.

I also wanted to make list of "freezing songs" (nice name, huh? xD ) but none of these saves works for me - maybe becauce I don't have a *.sav file and (it's only my deduction) it saves in _VGHERO.DAT file which created itself inside "vgh" folder?

...or maybe it's because of my weird Supercard Lite? ;P

Sorry for making things harder, but I think it can help (I don't know for sure, because I'm not a programmer, sorry ^.^)

PS. I'm attaching this file of mine. It's saved on set 7 after Flinstones
PS2. It said "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file" so I put them on my server here
rolleyes.gif
- I'll delete it in a few days
wink.gif

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, ToYoT has been nice enough to do some troubleshooting on his MK5. He's also sent me some updates for some of the songs that freeze which are attached to this post.

From ToYoT
QUOTE said:
So, apparently there's two problems...
1- The songs MUST have more than 4 tracks to work (I added a blank one to 'kung fu', 'flinstones' and 'lucy' and it does the trick), keeping the xm format
2- The 'Set speed' function (Fxx) also makes the xm hang (for 'lucy' and 'sml2') so I removed it from 'lucy''s patterns (you've already got the right tempo, so it doesn't matter...) and it worked, keeping the xm format.. But for 'sml2' this function is overused, so removing it make the song playable but no more synchronized with the game (the music plays too fast, so the 'push buttons' patterns not corresponding and the song stops before the end of them)... For the moment I use the 'xm to s3m and the renamed' trick you do for this one, but I'm going to try to re-synchronize it with the general tempo...

Big thanks to ToYoT for his help
smile.gif
He also confirmed that the Guitar Grip can be used with MK5!

smile.gif

Do not download the file and use these songs unless you are having problems with the game freezing on Super Mario Land 2, Flintstones Lucy's Song, and Kung Fu!

Attachments

• vgh_mk5_ncardsongs.zip
    241.1 KB · Views: 237

Bluntsly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This app infleuanced my purchasing a guitar grip .. very cool homebrew. I wish in grip mania there was an option to hold the ds sideways it would make it much easier to play. Is that something that could be implemented?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...