Misc Video conversion request

EmiXD2008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I need help, i don't have a computer suitable enough to convert a video for watching on my DS, so i need someone to convert it to the fast video ds format, please.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm referring to the movie player, not a title launcher.
Generally, when one says that they use TWLMenu++ (even though it works on flashcards), they mean that they're running off of the DSi or 3DS SD card slot.
Because of that, Moonshell wouldn't be an option for them, as for playing videos, Moonshell only works on flashcards.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what fast video format (anything practical for normal DS carts* is usually some flavour of DPG for moonshell, maybe the more limited AVI for tuna vids, or DSV for the wavelet player). Tunavids is lovely work but seldom used in anger (mpeg4 ASP aka xvid and divx to most people is not quite as capable when limited to the DS real time decodes as the MPEG1 of the DPG format).

*stuff like the DSTwo and ISMM have the option to play fairly normal formats at SD resolutions.

However what I am more here to say is are there no online conversion tools any more? Various of the "we will convert your files" websites did add DPG at one point. Not sure if it ever became an option in mplayer/ffmpeg either but if it did then many more things will do it. There is also the crazy man option of do it yourself (MPG raw video stitched onto MP2 audio and a fairly basic header for the moer old school DPG versions is not that radical to do on say a phone or tablet or using an online tool). Also most things still booting and not being able to be sold for enough to buy a new computer (if you only have a 486 then they are retro now so find some nerd that wants to play games of the era and you will probably get enough to buy a nice refurb machine) will convert files well enough for the DS, just might take a while.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what fast video format (anything practical for normal DS carts* is usually some flavour of DPG for moonshell, maybe the more limited AVI for tuna vids, or DSV for the wavelet player). Tunavids is lovely work but seldom used in anger (mpeg4 ASP aka xvid and divx to most people is not quite as capable when limited to the DS real time decodes as the MPEG1 of the DPG format).

*stuff like the DSTwo and ISMM have the option to play fairly normal formats at SD resolutions.
There is an actual DS(i) homebrew video format called FastVideoDS. It is made by Gericom (the developer behind GBARunner2, and the upcoming GBARunner3), and supports up to 60FPS video playback on DSi consoles (hence the Fast part in the name), and up to 30FPS on regular DS consoles.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto