Very weird - system files corrupt

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by steam, Nov 13, 2009.

Nov 13, 2009

Very weird - system files corrupt by steam at 7:30 AM (1,089 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. steam
    OP

Newcomer steam Advanced Member

United States
    I am on 3.4U, hbc, usbloader, neogamma etc...nothing fancy.

Now i have 2 wiimotes. When i start the game with the wiimote that came with the wii, its fine. When i turn on the wii with the 2nd wiimote - the extra one i bought, screen turns black and i get the system files corrupt msg as if wii is bricked. I turn off wii, start again but revert back to original wiimote, system works fine, no problems.

Weird as hell. Anyone ever heard or seen something like that? Now, i label the original wiimote as #1 so i don't accidentally start the wii on the 2nd one and get the black screen.

Also, for any use, i always have to 'enable' the 2nd wiimote(home screen, click reconnect, press 1+2)...it never comes on by itself. For for playing any 2player games, once i boot into the game, i have to do the detection and add in the 2nd wiimote. Is that normal? Coz' my friend came to my place to play and he said once he gets into a game, he just needs to press A on the 2nd wiimote and it comes up....only difference is both his wiimotes came with his wii. Someone enlighten me pls.

thanks! [​IMG]

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Is your 2nd remote an official remote?

3. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Very strange. About the reconnecting: Press the red button next to the SD-slot, and after that the red button on the back of the Wii-mote.

4. steam
    OP

United States
    Yes its an official wiimote bought from Target...i didn't even know they have 'unofficial' ones?....nunchuck i know they have fakes.

side question...just in case the wiimote bricks my wii, like if someone uses it when i'm not home...what can i do? While its still good, i'd like to 'insure' it...what do i need to install NOW so that i can unbrick it if it so happens? I've read people saying things like bootmii or something?....pls advise.

5. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    For some reason I expect this to be a SYSCONF problem. Could you dump it thru - for example - FS Toolbox?

6. steam
    OP

United States
    huh? sorry i dunno what sysconf or FSToolbox means? [​IMG]

7. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    FSToolbox is a homebrew app to look at, extract from, and write to the wii's NAND file system. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/FSToolbox

SYSCONF is the file on the NAND where all your settings for your wii are stored, such as wifi settings, synced wiimotes, preferences, etc.

8. nwiifletch

Newcomer nwiifletch Newbie

United States
    Mine has done the exact same thing. Only thing I noticed was it happens when I enabled codes for new super mario with ocarina. After doing that one wiimote causes system files corrupted warning. Other than that no problems. I just reset it and use the good wiimote.