Very quick Q about 6.60 PRO-B9

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by keke_keke, Oct 25, 2011.

1. keke_keke
    OP

keke_keke GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2007
    United States
    If I decide I just want to use OFW, can I safely ignore the CFW or should I find out how to uninstall it first (before I next update OFW, or whatever)?

2. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    6.60 PRO-B9 and every other pro are temporary hacks (although 6.20 has a permanent patch, if you want it). When ever you cold boot (boot from a shut-down; not to be mistaken with sleep/standby mode), it'll boot into OFW. From there, you'll be able to boot into the hack by loading a homebrew called fast recovery. You'll be able to boot into OFW whenever you want.

If you're going to update, to a newer OFW (currently, there's nothing higher than 6.60 though), you don't have to uninstall because PRO doesn't over-write stuff on your flash, iirc. But if you want to uninstall, it doesn't take that long.

3. keke_keke
    OP

keke_keke GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2007
    United States

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You only need to worry if you installed a permanent patch so it always boots into CFW, but that's usually undone by just running the patcher again and selecting to remove it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice