very first purchase

Zaehet311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the ezflash omega. i watched the tutorial on youtube, i have a 4gb micro sd that i formatted to fat32, i installed the software, then extracted the game files, but litterally all i can see when i start it, are the save files i already have from playing on my emulator on my computer, i cant see, find, or play any .gba game files. please help me

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own an everdrive, so I don't know if this will be helpful. maybe they need to be in a specific directory? I have mine in a folder called roms, but I don't think they have to be in that folder as you can show the folder structure at root.

Zaehet311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own an everdrive, so I don't know if this will be helpful. maybe they need to be in a specific directory? I have mine in a folder called roms, but I don't think they have to be in that folder as you can show the folder structure at root.
yeah i literally have them all in a folder called roms too

Zaehet311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you unzip your roms? I know emulators can play them zipped.

true about that. mine are unzipped, but I assumed the op's were as well since he mentioned .gba files. I dunno.
yes i used 7 zip to extract the files.

do you think i need to use a different SD card? man i just got a new gba sp, and this ez flash omega cart, and i just want to play some games that i used to have that i don't have anymore.

i followed everything on a youtube video called;

ez-flash omega gameboy advance flash cart unboxing and set up guide

im going to go to the store and get a 32gb micro sd card and try again. the instructions say you can get their support and contact them but their website doesn't even have that option.

i just want to play my gameboy, and this is really frustrating. sorry for venting guys.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly. I think the everdrive is compatible with up to 128GBs or so I read, but I don't know about the ez flash omega.

Zaehet311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly. I think the everdrive is compatible with up to 128GBs or so I read, but I don't know about the ez flash omega.
hey dude, if i try this and it doesn't work, do you think if i send this back and purchase the everdrive cart, you would be able to walk me though setting it up when i get it please?

Zaehet311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd wait for someone with more experience with the ez flash omega than I. I've never owned one.
but i mean, you own a gba sp, and an everdrive cart, and youre able to play your .gba games on it right? i mean if you could help me set that up, i would greatly appreciate that man. i don't care what cart i have just as long as i can get it to work and play my games on it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it's not that hard to setup really. however, the everdrive is more expensive than the ez flash omega. I'm sure there's something not right about your setup though.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
The archive flag needs to be set on ROMs.
1651082508902.png
1651082572098.png

Reactions: godreborn

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got an EZ Flash Jr. and im not sure if its the same or not but in order to set mine up i had to unzip the firmware files, and put them on the root of the SD card, then it just works i suppose. Dunno if this applies to the omega but i hope you can get it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf