VC titles specific to your Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xthedakmanx, Feb 3, 2013.

Feb 3, 2013
  1. xthedakmanx
    OP

Newcomer xthedakmanx Newbie

United States
    Hello all. I have a question that's been bothering me for a while.

Say you have a VC title installed on a hacked Wii (Which I do), and put onto the sd card. When you take the SD card out, put it in another Wii, and try to run it, It'll say something like "can not run on this Wii".

Now...With all the wad managers and everything, is it possible to change the uh...idk what it's called..."Which wii this VC game is installed on" code, so that you can reinstall it on the hacked Wii to the SD card, move it to another Wii, then actually be able to play it on there?

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I haven't messed with this in a while, but I imagine most any wad manager will let you extract a game channel wad from your console.

3. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
  4. xthedakmanx
    OP

Newcomer xthedakmanx Newbie

United States
    No, I mean like....can you edit a VC game for Wii#1 (hacked) which is installed onto a sd card, and make it work for Wii#2 (not hacked)?
    Like, editing which Wii it was bought for?

5. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    one way or another, its already pretty illegal... so why not just get the respective wad from wherever and install that on the second wii?

6. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Here is a quote from wiibrew about the data section of the games:
    So to get it to work on another wii, you would first have to find you own Wii's unique key (not sure if there is a way to do this), decrypt everything, then get your friends unique key and re-encrypt the data. If the last portion is a checksum, then you would also have to change that to match the new data.

Even if there is a way to get the unique key, it would most certainly require that the wii be hacked, and if the wii is already hacked, then you might as well just use wads or an emulator homebrew.

xthedakmanx likes this.
  7. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Also the wii will only load tiles from the sd card when the ticket for that title is already installed on the wii. So if the title was not installed on the 2nd wii it would not load it from the sd card. It install it via wad, if you wan't an sd option to take to a friends wii and not install on it, use nand emulation.