VC rom wrapper ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Idaho, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Idaho
    OP

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Yeah well I've just recently learned that gateway can launch VC titles quite easily just like any other games.

So my question is, does anyone think it'd possible to have a rom wrapper for the 3DS to launch roms (NES/GB/GBC/GBA) through VC ? Just like there was a PSOne iso wrapper for the PSP ?

Would it require more knowledge about the console and its apps ?

2. krzz
    This message by krzz has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Apr 23, 2014, Reason: bye.
    Apr 23, 2014
  3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    sure, it's very possible, smea had a custom gb rom running on his 3ds in vc, at the moment it would require more knowledge sure, unless he shares how he did it, today :)
    so sure, once we have custom vc games (which is not public information), we could convert them into .3ds format (which is not public information)

so, it's possible, but not for lowly people like us yet ;)

4. RomAnOCrY

RomAnOCrY GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    France

Why only talking about Gateway ? MT-CARD can launch VC game too...

5. vassildador

vassildador Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2013
    Belgium
    Following that logic, why even talk about cards? It's not even bound to cards. Hell, an unhacked 3DS can play VC games. The only thing that matters is how badly they broke existing functionality with all their kernel hackery :)

I'm sure someone will figure this out soon enough. I'm happy enough playing VC titles through a DS mode flashcard -> emulator though ^^

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Come on romanocry you don't have to run around every thread being the defender of MT, I know they gave you a free card but you don't have to keep jumping on anyone who doesn't mention them.....and you know.......MT only play the one VC game if we want to bring MT up

cearp and Vengenceonu like this.
  7. Jean Karlo

Jean Karlo Hacker Aspirant!!!

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Maybe cause the OP owns a gateway? Because it's the card that ids recommended to buy and not MT?
    Seriously dude...

It is possible, but there is no release tool yet (by smealum).

8. Idaho
    OP

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Great to know about this, I hope some good programmer will get this done then :3

Thanks for your answers.

cearp likes this.