VBA GX issues?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JAYENVEE, Jul 10, 2013.

1. JAYENVEE
    OP

JAYENVEE Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    This is my first time using a forum so please excuse me if i am using it incorrectly.
    Today I installed the vba gx emulator on to my wii. I updated homebrew to ios58 and all that good stuff. I have the channel on my wii for vba gx, but when i go into it it goes black for a minute then sends me back to my system menu. please help?

2. Empu1

Empu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2010
    R'lyeh
    Did you install a forwarder channel? If so, do you have the vba gx stuff in SD :/apps (or USB:/apps)? If you don't, it'll never work.

3. JAYENVEE
    OP

JAYENVEE Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    forwarder channel? i should let it be known that homebrew was installed for me when it was orginally placed on my wii. how do i check to see if i have the forwarder channel, and if i don't, how do i get it? and yes i have it inside the sd/apps folder.

4. JAYENVEE
    OP

JAYENVEE Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    forwarder channel? i should let it be known that homebrew was installed for me when it was orginally placed on my wii. how do i check to see if i have the forwarder channel, and if i don't, how do i get it? and yes i have it inside the sd/apps folder.

5. Empu1

Empu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2010
    R'lyeh
    What exactly is in your sd :/apps/vbagx folder? Does it work if you launch the emulator via homebrew channel instead of what's installed in your system menu?

6. JAYENVEE
    OP

JAYENVEE Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    boot.dol
    icon
    meta
    ^^^those are the files in my folder. and i don't have the option to open it from homebrew, the only thing i have is the vbagx installer there

7. Empu1

Empu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2010
    R'lyeh
    You only have the forwarder installer then, but not the emulator itself. To get it to work, download this, put it in your SD and you should be good :)

8. JAYENVEE
    OP

JAYENVEE Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    downloading it now, will tell you how it goes. thanks for the prompt replies!

9. Empu1

Empu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2010
    R'lyeh
    You're welcome! Be sure to let me know if this fixes your issue ^_^

10. JAYENVEE
    OP

JAYENVEE Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    SUCCESS!! (: thank you very much, one last question. do you know of anywhere i could download roms for this emulator.

Empu1 likes this.
  11. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    Sorry you can't ask for ROMS on GBATemp

12. JAYENVEE
    OP

JAYENVEE Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2013