Zorbnog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, it's Zorbnog. I'm making another forum post for two reasons:
1) I feel like the first forum post I have made is a good background for anyone who is curious about the project and
2) A new forum post can help make some distinctions and clarify some details that may otherwise be lost in the first forum.

Since last time, the Vampire Knight DS Translation Group has translated Chapter 1 and 2 of the game and currently is working on Chapter 3.

Because of COVID and school, it has been pretty busy and game translation and development has been slow as well. Thus:
- Would anyone like to help out with translating or transcribing lines from the game and match them up with the speakers?
- Would anyone be able to help out with the technical side of the game (rom hacking)?

It would be extremely helpful for the group and it would help increase proficiency as well. If you are interested, please reply to the forum post or send a message and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. If you don't think you can help out, then your support is 100% appreciated and it holds a lot of weight.

Good bye for now,
~ Zorbnog

Zorbnog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have an update!!

The rom hacker team has been able to make some progress with their tool! Here is the result!!

Picture is from Phantom.

~ Zorbnog out!

Attachments

• 5E3BF18D-74B8-4C8F-9268-25674B7D594A.png
    5E3BF18D-74B8-4C8F-9268-25674B7D594A.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 379

Akira92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Zorbnog,

i wanna give you a big hug. Thank you und you're group to working on that translation. I love Vampire Knight so much. Manny Members of Vampire Knight would be happy if the Translation is finish and working well.

I don't need really the translation in the game so far. So i prefer just a skript like a walkthrough just with the translation of the dialogues.

You don't need to heck the game and manny fans would be already satisfied.

So can you maybe make that skript if you and your group finish translate all chapters?

Kind Regards

PhantomGhost

Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Akira!

Thank you for your support :D Because of the way the game works, it'd be very difficult to produce a script that you can read as you play through the game. There are a lot of choices, branches, and of course, different character routes which would make it very confusing, (not to mention, long!) Therefore, I think the chances of us making a script-only release are quite slim.

Fortunately, we have come a long way with the hacking and translation, and you can check out more of our progress on our tumblr blog! (Of course, we'll also post on here when there's a major update.)

For now, please enjoy this screenshot of Yagari being... himself :rofl2:
TgANh0F.png

Akira92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for answering me.

I never thought that the whole game is so huge.

I am sorry. I can not help you out for hacking and translation the game... ,

But you make still progress. Thank you for that.

PhantomGhost

Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just knowing that there are people out there waiting and looking forward to the translation is a huge boost for us, so thank YOU
:D

But yes, the game is pretty much a fully-fleged otome game, complete with multiple endings and mini-games! We hope that the Vampire Knight fandom are really going to enjoy it.

PhantomGhost

Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
280k characters of it, to be exact! For interest, that's roughly around the size of one of our previous visual-novel type releases, Spice & Wolf: My Year with Holo, which came up to 254k characters.

I'd like to think that we're not doing too badly with it though, with the main text translation currently standing at 80%!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay