vacation homebrew pack!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dysan, Aug 6, 2010.

Aug 6, 2010

vacation homebrew pack! by dysan at 8:18 PM (1,165 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. dysan
    OP

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    so we may be going away for a couple days and I was wondering what kind of homebrew should I bring along with my ds.

internet broswer is propably gonna be bunjalloo to exploit the hotel's wi-fi [​IMG]
    but what if it's locked?(it propably will)
    is there anyway I can crack their security using only my ds?(no laptop)
    I know linux has the necessery tools for wi-fi unlocking but will it work on the ds?

I guess I should also bring along that ds unzipping tool in case I download a zip file or something...

is there something like a msn messenger?
    maybe an app to check your e-mail?(I've tried one of them but I don't remember which one and it didn't work anyway)

anyone who can answer my questions please?

2. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    there is a msn messenger for ds
    Beup i think

3. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    1. If it's lock then it's ts I'm afraid. I searched for this awhile back and before I ever tried to crack properly and it didn't make any sense. You wouldn't be able to generate enough traffic on the ds (well there's 1 application i can think of but it wouldn't help as you'd then need it to multitask and you can't capture packets on the ds). There is an application to crack ptw files but they're useless.

Tl;dr No you can't use you ds to do everything that will lead to you getting the key (also is illegal in most countries)

2. Wait...if you don't have a laptop why would you need to unzip anything? The last time i checked the DS download rate was pretty slow.

3. Beup by Hitheb.

4. Ndsmail. Doesn't sync with hotmail I don't think but that doesn't stop you adding your hotmail account to you gmail account.

4. dysan
    OP

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    1. ah crap...so if it's locked,it stays locked?
    not cool [​IMG]

2. just saying....it could be useful

3. I'll check that out

4. that's the one I used but it didn't seem to work...if its of any importance I wanna check yahoo mail.

5. sprogurt

United Kingdom
    1. Yeah :/

2. Ah, try http://code.google.com/p/dszip/ (think it's a gzip compressor/decompressor)

3. Beup was always very temperamental. A few years back there had to be a new release everytime but in the last release i think he changed it to use dynamic ip instead of static.

4. Apart from that you'll have to go through the web browser. Yahoo plus could work but standard yahoo doesn't use pop3.

Here's the list of my favorite homebrews for any occasion! (just click on the descriptions):

AXE: A music based app. There's no point to it but I've easily wasted enough time on it, Plus it takes up hardly any room!

Spout: Your goal is to fly upwards as long as you possibly can, without crashing. Another helpful thing is you can pass through obstacles by eroding them.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Powder is always fun if you really like retro dungeon crawlers. It's tough as balls too and you can easily spend a lot of your time trying to beat it.

Otherwise there's not a whole lot of homebrew personally that really enthralls me, I'd rather just load up your cart with some DS games (either your backlog of games to play or some nice pick-up-and-play games like Club House Games) and have at it.

7. EpicJungle

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    Damn, I thought new homebrew were released..[​IMG][​IMG]

Anyways, the best homebrew for me are:
    Bloxavoid: A blocks avoiding game!
    World of Warcraft: Tower Defense: Tower defense game. Love it!
    Lemmings: Port of the flash game Lemmings. Get the lemmings safely of the end of the level...
    Pocket Physics: Port of Crayon Physics. Get other levels here, just put the .pp file where the other .pp files are...

8. liquidnumb

Member liquidnumb GBAtemp Regular

United States

This really is none of my business but I feel like I should mention it. HtheB did not write Beup. All he did was modify some images and periodically updated the hard-coded IP for the MSN handshake servers. In order to do this, he was lent the source code by the original author and began submitting the project into one or more competitions in his own name. It was around this time that the original author stopped showing up with feature updates. I don't know what's happened since then, but it was really a pretty shady situation.

edit: KevinC is the original author, and sorry for the off-topic post.

9. sprogurt

United Kingdom
    Yeah I know someone else coded it first hence "Beup by Hitheb"
    (when I typed beup into google a few years back i got a bit confused as to who's version I should use until I read into it a bit more, also I dunno if this has changed but what's the deal with beup and a supercard website?)
    Htheb downgraded MSNP9 to MSNP8 so it will work again and (like I said before) changed it so it wouldn't have to be updated everytime it displayed the handshaking fail message.

Just clearing my post up ^.^

Also i spelt his name wrong XD Htheb instead of Hitheb.

10. liquidnumb

Member liquidnumb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ^^^

I'm confident that website is someone else's work, modified to suit his own purposes. He is a known scam artist. I avoided saying this right off because I didn't want to sound like a crazy person and simultaneously derail the thread. Aside from driving paypal donations with other people's homebrew, and scamming Neoflash and it's competitors out of a Wii, he also takes other people's music and sells it on iTunes as his own work. Google "HtheB scam" and all this will come up on the first few links. Hell, just google "HtheB" and you'll probably get it within two pages. Sorry for the derail, when I see his name I get angry and I think people ought to know what he does.

ON-TOPIC:

Nethack
    http://blog.b-ark.ca/NetHackDS

You can never have too much Nethack.

You could also use one of the many warscanners to try and find unsecured wifi. Those things are handy.

11. sprogurt

United Kingdom
    :wtf: just googled the htheb scam. My respect for him has dropped tremendously. Some people said that KevinC gave him permission to edit the source but NO way in hell should they of won that neoflash comp. Also the Itunes thing?! WTF?!

Sorry back on track.

Ndsmail is the only ds mail client (i think) so if i was you I'd make a google account and link my yahoo to that, that way whatever mail is in your yahoo mail will be retrieved by gmail on the ds. It's impracticle but it works.

(also weirdly I've never played or even seen nethack but it's the second time I've heard about it in around 2 hours. Gonna take a look into it. EDIT looks fun! Reminds me of dragon warriors (gameboy) )