OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded a bunch of movies from utorrent and they are all dvd rips and in .avi format ant they don't play on any of my media players
on wmp they show no video but have audio
on divx it says that they are not a valid win32 application
what should i do

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try VLC media player.

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.

You won't need extra codecs:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since his problems been solved and I can't be bothered to make a topic, does anyone have the tutorial site where it tells you how to tweak your utorrent to get the fastest speeds out of it? I don't want to use some random googled site just incase it mucks stuff up.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try VLC media player.

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.

yep VLC player is all you need no need to download codecs and crap

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you download the K-Lite codec pack, you'll be able to watch pretty much anything.

agreed, I've never found a codec I don't have
tongue.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try VLC media player.

I've found that on certain things (especially HD content), VLC tends to desynch quite often; as opposed to Media Player Classic with the CCCP which almost never desynchs.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Try VLC media player.

I've found that on certain things (especially HD content), VLC tends to desynch quite often; as opposed to Media Player Classic with the CCCP which almost never desynchs.

I'm going to have to go with Urza on this because I watch a lot of films at home and also TV series (Good TV is scarce in Egypt) . I notice this issue happening quite a lot.
Reglar films in .avi format are usually fine but when watching HD TV shows, its best to use MPC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead