Using the Wii U gamecube controller adaptor on Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by petethepug, Aug 11, 2017.

1. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    So I never realized it was a thing... But apparently there is a Wii U GameCube controller adaptor that allows people to connect 4 GameCube controllers to allow use for a GameCube controller on a Wii U. It might sound stupid but would the adaptor work on the Wii for Nintendont?

If not would the May flash controller adaptor work? I can't plug a GC Controller in the back of my Wii since its hooked up to the back of a TV because I would have wires flying all over the place if I did that, this would work fine but https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nintendo-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520SG then I would need to connect a Wii Controller to a wii classic controller, then to a gamecube controller which I wouldn't mind but again, just curious if the Wii U adaptor would work so I can just have easy plug n play support VIA USB.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Yep. The GC USB adapter works with Nintendont. There's a list of supported controller types in the OP of the support thread.

3. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Alright, thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice