Hacking Using SD card as external HDD

Gooner30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys i couldn't find this on the site so thought I would share, I have plugged a 32Gb SD card into a USB SD adaptor and been able to transfer demo games to it and play them, also the eShop lets me download directly to the SD, thought this info might be useful for people to know

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any USB memory should work just about from what I understand.

I was reading at Nintendo that they don't recommend flash drives because they have a limited number or writes...what's that about. They recommend externally powered HDD.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was reading at Nintendo that they don't recommend flash drives because they have a limited number or writes...what's that about. They recommend externally powered HDD.
Correct. Flash memory like USB flash drive or SD card have limited number of writes compared to external HDD. If you frequently download & delete they wear out faster than external HDD.

lucifer6e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of purchase a 64GB SD card, and plug it into the front SD slot of the Wii U.
I wonder if the WiiFlow can read it and play Wii ISOs from that SD card.
If so then I could get rid of the Format HDD notice appeared every time when I open the WiiU.
Can anyone tell me is this possible?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking of purchase a 64GB SD card, and plug it into the front SD slot of the Wii U.
I wonder if the WiiFlow can read it and play Wii ISOs from that SD card.
If so then I could get rid of the Format HDD notice appeared every time when I open the WiiU.
Can anyone tell me is this possible?

This is possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?