Using other people's save files for eShop games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Wowfunhappy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Wowfunhappy
    OP

Member Wowfunhappy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I just bought Super Mario 3D Land on the eShop. I already own a physical copy, but I really wanted the ability to play it on the go.

However, I don't really feel like playing through all the levels again... I beat the game a while back, and ever since I've just been wandering through the worlds and replaying random levels.

As eShop games are stored on easily-accessible SD cards, would it be possible to download and use someone else's save file? Best case scenario would be if someone had a 100% save, that I could download and copy to my SD card.

Is this possible, and does any such save exist? Thanks!

2. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    Im pretty sure that the save file is attached to the downloaded game with its own unique string. Isnt Nintendo releasing a save extractor in the near future?

3. Wowfunhappy
    OP

Member Wowfunhappy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That sucks. :(

Yes, Nintendo is releasing a save transfer tool, but it won't be until next year...

4. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    Yeah its a bit crap, the downloadable versions of the game arnt really made for people who have already completed the retail game anyway so it kind of makes sense.

5. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    AFAIK, the savefile is attached to the console not the game itself.