Using multiman from 2009 how do i update?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kazekun, Jan 18, 2013.

Jan 18, 2013
  1. kazekun
    OP

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I been using a very old multiman, from 2009, but i decided to update it to something more recent, but, i have no idea how to do it, i tryed to automaticly update it, but didnt really work, says connection to patch failed to wait to retry later, so i will have to do it manually, i am still on 3.55, what do i have to do? Can i simple download the new ones and install on top of the old one? or must i erase the old one in order to install the new one?

Thanks in advance!

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    At some point they switched the server used for updating, which is why it doesn't work. Download the most recent BASE version (v04.18.00), install it, and it will automatically list the latest revisions (v04.18.04 as of this post) if you want to stay up to date.
    You do not need to delete the old one - the new one will overwrite it.

Also, keep in mind you will be using the CEX version, not the DEX version.

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    take the FULL version.

There are different packages now.

FULL: The package with everything inside (different versions and covers)
    CEX: the version to install on PS3 in user's mode (the default version of retail PS3 console)
    DEX: for debug's mode consoles only (developers and converted consoles only)
    CEX Stealth: supposedly stealth, I don't know what it really hide to Sony/console
    BARE: CEX but with very minimum features because users think a file >3Mb is too much to download. Useful for users still on 3.40-3.55 (as it doesn't provide new features only available on newer firmwares)

I recommend the normal CEX version, it will have everything ready if you decide to update your firmware.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I only said BASE because that's the version I see everywhere (including in MultiMan itself). Finding up-to-date FULL versions tends to get difficult.