using mios patcher and gc backup with classic controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sleestax, Feb 23, 2009.

1. sleestax
    OP

Newcomer sleestax Member

United States
    I don't currently have a Gamecube controller. Is it possible somehow to run the mios patcher without one and to play games using gc backup with the classic controller? I guess I should just get a Gamecube controller...Gamestop probably has one used.

2. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Well if you're running the MIOS patcher to play GC games, you'll need a GC controller to play those games. So why would you be installing something to play games that you can't even play?

4. sleestax
    OP

Newcomer sleestax Member

United States
    I guess I thought that the classic controller had enough buttons and gizmos to play GC games...I never owned a GC. I'll go to Gamestop in the morning to grab one.

Any recommendations on which one to get. Original or wireless or whatever they have used for cheap?

5. iResilient

Newcomer iResilient Member

United States
    I think Nintendo doesn't produce Wavebirds (wireless GC controllers) because of some lawsuit and if you can find a used one for a cheap price, go get it. The ones you'll find typically are wired and are pretty cheap when used. Try to get one of the original ones made by Nintendo and not some other company. They feel the best and most comfortable when playing.