Using Download Play with a DS flashcart?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Blueie, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Blueie
    OP

Blueie GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2013
    Argentina
    Hi. I have some questions about the Download Play function:

1) Are there any issues in using DP from a DS with a flashcart to a 3DS?

2) How about the opposite? Any issues in using DP from a 3DS with a DS flashcart to a DS?

3) Running a DS software in DP in a 3DS uninstalls the DS Profile exploit, doesn't it?

Thank you!

2. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    In the past I've had issues with DSis and DS Lites, specifically I used Mario party on my DS Lite and tried to share it via Download Play to the other DSis. It did not work.
    May depend on the flashcard which you are using.

3. Blueie
    OP

Blueie GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2013
    Argentina
    Well, I would be using a DStwo, which I've used in the past to send DP between two DSs, so the flashcart shouldn't be an issue.

4. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    In the case, I believe it should work fine since it basically simulates a DS. If you go into DP and select DS software it will boot into the DS/DS Lite software

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    there are no issues. you can use a flashcart to load B\W\B2\W2 and transfer pokemons from a real D/P/PT/HG/SS game to your flashcart.

YOU CAN'T use a D/P/PT/HG/SS rom inside a flashcart to transfer them..

the console that downloads the app (download play), will check which cart is inserted, if it sees a flashcart or any other not compatible game it will not recognize it as a pokemon game.
    is this clear?

also. to other people: rom trimming is the cause of breaking download play... stop trimming roms or use anther software to trim them and it will should be fine.