Using both R4 1.18 and Wood RPG

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by NDSno1, Sep 18, 2010.

Sep 18, 2010

Using both R4 1.18 and Wood RPG by NDSno1 at 3:48 PM (1,716 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. NDSno1
    OP

Newcomer NDSno1 Member

Vietnam
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. And I've got a question, don't know if it's right to put it here, if wrong please tell me where to move it.
    Here it is. I have an Original R4 and I'm using both R4 1.18, YS Menu in one micro SD. Now I want to use both 1.18, YS menu and Wood RPG, but Wood use the _DS_MENU.DAT, like the 1.18, so I can't use both of them. I want to know if anyone know to use both of these FW on one microSD card. I'm thinking of making and .nds file to load the _DS_MENU.DAT of Wood RPG in a folder, or inside _rpg folder of Wood, or some where else in the card. At first load into R4 1.18 and then chose to load which FW in R4 1.18. Please help me because I still want to play some old game and a lot of themes for the R4 1.18 [​IMG] .

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    To be honest, you don't need the 1.18 firmware (or YSMenu) if you have Wood.
    I'm pretty sure the compatibility for WoodR4 greatly exceeds that of 1.18+YSMenu.

However, what you want (1.18+YSMenu+WoodR4) IS doable.
    http://filetrip.net/f977-r4denc.html

Drag and Drop a .DAT file onto r4dec.exe to Decrypt it to a runnable .NDS file.
    So if you Drag and Drop WoodR4's _DS_MENU.DAT onto r4dec.exe, you'll get a file called _DS_MENU.DAT.DEC, then just rename it to WoodR4.nds or whatever you want to call it.
    You can then put it in any folder or subfolder you want, so long as you keep __rpg on the root of your card.

Also, you can Drag and Drop a NDS file onto r4enc.exe to Encrypt it to a R4 bootable .DAT file. Rename it to _DS_MENU.DAT and it will act as your DEFAULT menu.

3. NDSno1
    OP

Newcomer NDSno1 Member

Vietnam
    Yeah I did it! Thanks a lots!
    I wonder if we have +rep or "thanks" button [​IMG].