Using a USB to connect to Wiimmfi

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Aidan25, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Aidan25
    OP

Aidan25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2015
    Down Under
    Is there a way to do this? I've tried to patch my CD of Super Smash Bros Brawl using Riivolution to connect to the internet as it's been discontinued but after a week of trying it didn't work. Does anyone have a solution to this? Is there some USB loader I should be using? I don't have an SD Card yet which is why I'm resorting to using a USB.

2. leseratte

leseratte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 2, 2012
    Gambia, The
  3. Aidan25
    OP

Aidan25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2015
    Down Under
    I actually found a 4GB micro SD card and I'm trying to use Riivolution to patch the game and when I try to connect to WFC it gives me error 20110 (the one saying the WFC is discontinued).

4. leseratte

Jun 2, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Which Riivolution patch are you using? There is no "official" Wiimmfi patch for riivolution.

If you created it yourself, then either the main.dol is not correctly patched or doesn't get replaced by the patch. If you didn't create it yourself, ask the creator of the patch.

5. Aidan25
    OP

Aidan25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2015
    Down Under
    I have no idea, it was given to me by someone I know on another forum. Do you have any other alternative to Riivolution or a method that will make SSBB's WFC work?

6. leseratte

Jun 2, 2012
    Gambia, The
  7. Aidan25
    OP

Aidan25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2015
    Down Under
    I'll give the Disc patcher a go because it is a disc that I'm running the game from. Thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do you know much about how this works? I have 3 files, two that are .sh (I use a Mac) and not sure what to do with them.

8. leseratte

Jun 2, 2012
    Gambia, The
    The ISO patcher? First, place your ISO / WBFS in that folder, then you need to open a terminal window, change to the directory where the patcher is, run "chmod +x *.sh" (and maybe also "chmod +x wit") and then execute the file patch-wiimmfi.sh by running "./patch-wiimmfi.sh".

9. Aidan25
    OP

Aidan25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2015
    Down Under
    Got it to work with wiimmfipatcher a different way. Thanks anyway!

10. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Doesn't USB Loader GX support on-the-fly patching for Wiimmfi?

11. Aidan25
    OP

Aidan25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2015
    Down Under
    I don't know to be honest. I kept trying with a USB and it kept giving me errors and simply wasn't working. SD cards are the way to go for patching Wiimmfi and using it to connect to the Internet.

12. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Yep, just tested it. Just go into the Game Load settings for the games you want, scroll down to Private Server, set it to wimmfi.de, hit save and you're good to go. Just tested it out and it seemed to work fine.

13. Aidan25
    OP

Aidan25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2015
    Down Under
    That's good to know, thanks. I'm sure others who only have a USB will be curious just like I was.