Hardware Used Wii U, Error 105-4206, banned?

DaOldGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,

I just got a used Wii U and wanted to download Brainage for hacking it from the E-Shop. Before going online I made sure to change DNS to the one reccomended to stop wii u from auto updating.
But when I start Eshop I'm just getting this Error Code: 105-4206.

Is it because of the different DNS or did maybe the former user got banned?

Is it really necessary to block DNS for now because the Wii U is on 5.2.2 E anyway and it's the newest software, right?

What would be the next step now to be able to play Wii U backups and gamecube/Wii/n64 games on it? Or did I just buy a brick? I Used Lodiine but it just worked for Splatoon. The two other games I tried (Mario 3D & Toad Treasure Hunter) didn't work and the screen froze to black. That's why i wanted to propper hack it with Hackchi & nintendont.

Cheers
DaOldGamer

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's because of the DNS iirc, so son't worry

If you wanna use the eshop while using the dns you need to use a homebrew called NNU Patcher

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it really necessary to block DNS for now because the Wii U is on 5.2.2 E anyway and it's the newest software, right?

Latest WiiU firmware is 5.5.2, not sure if what you wrote "5.2.2" is a typo or not but that is not the latest. If your not on the latest firmware, just update it to the latest 5.5.2, buy your DS game then do your Haxchi install.
If your really that paranoid, block the DNS once you have everything setup correctly.

No DNS Blocking:
Pro:

- Can access the eShop whenever you want.
- If a game requires an update patch, it will auto download and install.

Con:
- Nintendo might sneak a new firmware update on you.

DNS Blocking:
Pro:

- Stops future firmware updates.

Con:
- Can't access eShop, must use NNU.
- If a game requires an update patch, it wont be able to download and install, so you will have to manually download them and install the update game patch.

My personal preference:
I live life on the edge, so I leave everything as is, WiiU is always online when ON.

Alternative?
Once you have Haxchi installed, this will be the entry point to access the Homebrew Launcher channel, so really, you don't need to be online, just remove your internet connections and stay off grid. Only go online when you need something from the eShop.

This is my take on this matter, so my opinions does not speak for others.

DaOldGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just download the file from the internet and and it to the wiiu apps folder on the sd card

I tried this and it still freezes up on me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Check FIX94's post here for info and download link.

I don't get this. I don't need to go to the eshop. my wish is to be able to download updates for the games and maybe multiplayer.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't get this. I don't need to go to the eshop. my wish is to be able to download updates for the games and maybe multiplayer.
Same thing, all titles come from the "NUS" or "CDN" which is (part of) the "eShop servers"

Another option, of course, is to download the titles of your interest on a PC and install them with WupInstaller - you get the added benefit of having a backup on your PC for free ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over