usbloadergx support ntfs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by comput3rus3r, Feb 18, 2017.

1. comput3rus3r
    OP

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I followed the definitive guide to hacking vwii and i swear it asks you to format with bootice in fat32. well everything worked however i'm swapping the drive for a bigger one and when i connect my current vwii drive to my computer to copy the files my computer says the drive is ntfs. My i'm confused because i have a few games that are larger than 4gb files and i'm not sure if i should format my new drive ntfs or just do the same as i did before. anybody have any idea whats going on? could the wiiu have change the format to ntfs somehow?

2. comput3rus3r
    OP

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    so apparently my wiiu change my hd from fat32 to ntfs, because now my gamecube iso files are not working.
    when i originally pluged the hard drive to my wiiu using the usb y splittler cable it wouldn't read it, it would stay in initialzing usb drive. i had a feeling that the drive wasnt getting enought power and so i plugged the supplementary usb plug form the splitter to my computer instead of the wiius and that worked. i didnt check to run the games i just assumed they worked becuased they loaded in the usbloader menu.