Hacking Usbloadergx softlocking

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I try to start a Wii game in USBloadergx it gives me a blackscreen and softlocks my Wii/WiiU. My cioses are 58 and 250 or 249. tried both 250 and 249 but they dont work. Do I need to reinstall cios?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.
smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif

When I try to start a Wii game in USBloadergx it gives me a blackscreen and softlocks my Wii/WiiU. My cioses are 58 and 250 or 249. tried both 250 and 249 but they dont work. Do I need to reinstall cios?
Which Guide did you use for your Modding please ?
Which cIOS Version(s) do you have installed please ?
Which Version from the USBLoader GX did you use please ?
Which Tpye of USB Device did you have please ?
Where is your USB Device plugged into your Wii U please ?
How is your USB Device formatted please ?
How did you transferred your Games from the PC to the USB Device please ?

Thank you for your Help.:)

Reactions: godreborn

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.:)

Basic Vwii modding guide. https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding
v10 d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
Latest usbloadergx version -> please try an Version from @blackb0x (in his signature) or @Oddx from here
or an Version from @Cyan lower than v1272 please
USB 3.0 128 gb fat32 -> please try an HDD with Y-Cable or Power Adapter please.
USB Sticks/Flash Drives and that Kind are known to not work properly.
wiiu behind in the right one if you have it standing and top one if you have it on the side lying
fat32
wii backup manager :)
Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that's probably your problem. usb sticks don't work well with backup loaders. most often black screens or crashes.
ive also hid my usb stick but somehow usbloader also doesnt find it. i used ustealth which should work as i have read

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about using a usb stick with ustealth. I know that for wiiware content and your cios, you need a new FAT library or it either black screens or returns to usb loader gx upon booting the game. it's due to ustealth that that happens, but like I said, there's a workaround. you can find the fix in the ustealth official thread. you just have to replace the FAT file with the one provided, then reinstall your cios. other games -- I dunno. sounds like a typical usb stick not getting enough power and trying to transmit data at the same time issue.

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried the configurable usbloader now and got the same result. I think it has to do with the cios and ios...im not sure though

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I tried the configurable usbloader now and got the same result. I think it has to do with the cios and ios...im not sure though
No. The problem is that you use a usb stick/flashdrive/pendrive whatever. The stick doesn't get enough power to work properly. I switched from usb to hdd. Since then, no problems anymore

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. The problem is that you use a usb stick/flashdrive/pendrive whatever. The stick doesn't get enough power to work properly. I switched from usb to hdd. Since then, no problems anymore
well the stick worked before. thats what i dont get tho

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't say for sure, but usb sticks are unreliable with the wii and I think even moreso with the wii u. the power is bad enough to where it's recommended that you disconnect a powered drive when not in use. I've seen this happen with my virtual wii, so I have a powered vwii drive with a toggle switch. I just flip the switch after I'm done using the virtual wii. it's given me no problems. I wouldn't recommend leaving it powered, then the system being off for long stretches of time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the drive I'm using is either a WD Black or WD Blue. I put it in a sabrent enclosure, which has the toggle switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sabrent-3-...721740?hash=item4b7f442d8c:g:BGUAAOSwXmlfMecr

Reactions: Alexander1970

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i use wii flow lite now. works fine so far however do I need to set nand emulation to off? i cant seem to get ocarina to work :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, nand emulation (partial at least with usb loader gx) uses emunand for saves. I don't really know what full does or what the difference between that neek is. I think @Cyan in a separate thread said never to use full. however, I've never used wii flow lite.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can talk only about USBGX, I don't know wiiflow.

emuNAND Save is affecting only the Wii disc based games.

When set to OFF : savegames are saved to NAND.
When set to partial : savegames are saved to a path set in the user's settings called "emuNAND save folder"
When using partial, you don't need to have a full NAND dump to use that feature. it only redirect the /title/ folder which contains the savegames and nothing else.

When set to Full : savegames are of course saved to the "emuNAND Save folder" path as it still redirects /titles/ but also all the other folders of the emuNAND, like the Mii (for mario kart, you need full in case your save is tied to different miis than on your real NAND), but also the SYSCONF (beware, your wiimote will be unsync if they are not sync on that emuNAND).

Up to you to choose partial or full, but full requires a working full NAND dump first because it redirect everything : wiimote, settings, network, mii, board message, etc.

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally wouldn't use a usb stick with any backup loader. if it's not receiving enough power, it might die on you. that's what happened with the ps3 and two hdds (unpowered) to me. one now tries to suck in too much power; the other not enough. neither hdd works now though due to that.

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally wouldn't use a usb stick with any backup loader. if it's not receiving enough power, it might die on you. that's what happened with the ps3 and two hdds (unpowered) to me. one now tries to suck in too much power; the other not enough. neither hdd works now though due to that.
I think I got everything to work now. Just need to copy the gecko codes to another folder. Games are running from my SD card now and they are starting :). Thanks everyone, I hope I didnt waste time :(

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that should work. :D I have all of my cube games on an sd card (256GB), and I've never had a problem loading or slow downs or anything. saves from my memory cards work too. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup