USBLoaderGX copying saves...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by portugeek, Nov 23, 2016.

1. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    In USBLoaderGX there's a couple different options for transferring information from the real Nand to the emuNAND. One of the options is called "Export All Saves to EmuNAND". Does this feature copy each individual game save from the real Nand and transfer them over to the EmuNAND? (overwriting ONLY the existing saves from the same game on the EmuNAND) OR, does it make a full back up of your real Nand's saves and clone it onto the EmuNAND?

I'm asking because my EmuNAND has more game saves on it than my real Nand does. I want to keep most of those saves. I'm worried that if this feature makes a full backup of my real Nand's game saves that it will erase the extra save data I have on the EmuNAND and replace it with empty blocks.

Also, does USBLGX have a feature that allows you to copy over only one game save at a time?

Last edited by portugeek, Nov 23, 2016
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's copying all saves found on NAND to emuNAND path (overwriting existing ones, and creating missing ones)
    Existing saves on emuNAND that are not on real NAND will not be affected, and will remain on your emuNAND untouched.
    it copies the /path/to/saves only, it doesn't delete your emuNAND and re-dump NAND fully. (even the "dump NAND" in features menu doesn't delete existing NAND dump, but it might break it as the tickets will be differents)

to copy only one Savegame at a time, I think there's already that option :
    select your game on realNAND, go to the game's option menu, there should be a "dump save to emuNAND" option somewhere

what's missing and I should add is "dump this game to emuNAND" instead of just the savegame.
    Another one would be "dump the game from SD menu to emuNAND". (blueDumpMod can decrypt these bin files)

portugeek likes this.
  3. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Thanks Cyan. That's exactly what I was hoping it would do.

Yeah it's there, I just now found it. I currently have my Nand Saves Emulation set to FULL. So you're saying that if I were to dump a save to emuNAND, the loader knows to look for it in realNAND even though I'm pointing ALL save functions to emuNAND?

The "dump this game to emuNAND" feature would work for which type of games? Also, a nice feature would be "dump save from SD (private folder) to EmuNAND" It would eliminate some extra steps and having to back out to the Wii's Main Menu. Right now I'm moving saves from the SD card over to RealNAND. Then loading back into USBLGX and Exporting All Saves to EmuNAND.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the emuNAND path redirection is set only at game launch, and only with cIOS.
    While you are in the loader, it's accessing NAND with the currently loaded IOS (could be 58) so there's no real redirection done, it's just different path access :
    copy NAND:/title/gameID/save/ to SD:/emuNAND_path/title/gameID/save/

be careful with the full savegame dump option, it will overwrite all your existing saves on emuNAND.
    individual option is probably better.

"dump this game to emuNAND" will be copying the full game channel located on NAND to the emuNAND path (same as the savegame, except it's the full game folder's data too)

Dump save from SD to emuNAND could probably be done too, the .bin is probably encrypted the same way the games on SD are. but I'd leave that feature to Savegame Manager GX. I don't want to convert USBLoaderGX into a savegame manager, I can "copy save located on NAND" at the same time than decrypting/dumping the installed game to emuNAND, but I don't want to make a new feature to manage saves on SD for games which are not installed anymore.
    Currently, you can only copy a save from NAND to emuNAND if you have the channel listed on NAND, or else you need SavegameManagerGX.
    the loader is managing the games, the savegame is more like "additional data to be transfered" because it's located inside the game folder. I just copy the full channel folder, inside there's "data" and "save" subfolders. I don't really copy the savegame manually, it's just done at the same time than dumping the game.