USBLoader GX & Gamecube without SD Card Loading

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Jac Falcon, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Jac Falcon
    OP

Jac Falcon Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    United States
    After a myriad of headache inducing issues, I got my Wii reading and ripping Wii games and Gamecube games in USBLoader GX 3.0 (with DIOS MIOS v11 installed). However, when I try to run one of the games I've ripped or loaded via the DM converter software, USBLGX says I need to copy it to the SD card. Why? Can I play Gamecube games in USBLGX from my HD without involving the SD card?

2. Badablek

Badablek GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2006
    France
    same old question, same old answer : USBLGX 3.0 is NOT the latest build. Update it ! It was built on may 2012...a lot of things have changed since then

the lastest build is rev1233/1234 and works like a charm with GC games (As rev1233/1234 was pushed by Cyan, you should be able to update it in the options of USBLGX)

ps : and you should try Nintendont instead of Dios Mios ;)

Cyan : it should be useful to remove those really old USBLGX 3.0 packages from googlecode, and let people download the latest build :moogle: (or at least put them in the deprecated downloads ?)

Jac Falcon likes this.
  3. Jac Falcon
    OP

Jac Falcon Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for answering my question anyways!!! I removed everything, installed r1233, installed Nintendont. Had to figure out that Nintendont apparently has to be on the HD and not just the SD card.... or not. Then I had to figure out how to get the homebrew channel to load from USB, haha. And THEN I had to go and change a bunch of other custom paths. Goodness gracious.

But it seems to be working finally!

This is all so fun!!! ;)