Clyde_271

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using an USB pendrive of 32 gb.
I was playing Zelda when I went to save when the wiiu notified me that the USB device was write-protected. So I searched on google, but I just found a Windows solution that allows me to write on the pendrive just from there.
Does anyone know if there is a solution?

Sorry for my english.

Last edited by Clyde_271,
D

Deleted User

It means that your pendrive got kill'd.
Every flash memory thing can't survive heavy R/W Wii U drops, especially while playing BotW since that's a deadly combo. (If you want to know why, BotW is loaded in chunks. Not fully.)

Reactions: Clyde_271

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It means that your pendrive got kill'd.
Every flash memory thing can't survive heavy R/W Wii U drops, especially while playing BotW since that's a deadly combo. (If you want to know why, BotW is loaded in chunks. Not fully.)
Exactly even nintendo themselves said just before Breath of the wild came out not to use pen drives with the game they said only to install it to nand or to a hdd for that very reason.

Reactions: Deleted User

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But when it is written to (once) why should it break when reading a lot (as you wrote : bowt is loaded in chunks)????
I would guessed the pendrive will 'break' when written to the first time (when installing).....

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But when it is written to (once) why should it break when reading a lot (as you wrote : bowt is loaded in chunks)????
I would guessed the pendrive will 'break' when written to the first time (when installing).....
No because with botw it is continuously writing to he drive stuff like what enemy's you have killed what conversions you have had what missions you have active and so much more. it's writing all the time

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fair enough.... but isn't the Wiiu NAND also not a type of (internal) flashmemory and also vunerable to the same wear-and-tear? If so : the only (more) save medium is a harddisk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse