GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah I've been thinking how a USB port (a small one, maybe a mini-b type) would open so many possibilities for the 3DS. A GH grip that connected here could be made, so there'd be Guitar Heros compatible with the new DS. Or you could use it to connect the 3DS to a PC and unload photos and videos from it's internal memory (which will hopefully be bigger, at least like the Wii but hopefully 1 or 2 Gb). Or maybe make a GBA adapter to connect to this USB port and play GBA games. Or I don't know, maybe use it for TV output xD the possibilities really are endless!

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
USB port will be quite useful, but only if Nintendo will add some memory to 3DS and will make an OS-like menu for 3DS (like the one Sony've done for PSP) with bells and whistles, so we can use USB to upload music, anime and pr0n to our 3DS'es to watch them via 3DS's System Menu(or whatever it will be called like).
Otherwise USB port is just an unneeded thing that will be used by like two or three accesorries.

ykhan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wouldnt that just open up more ways to hack it?
and im no expert but i dont think nintendo are fans of hacking
blink.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well sure maybe only two or so accessories would use it, but only 2 or 3 things use the Wii USB ports and they're still there. Besides, if it was implemented it could be used to charge the 3DS, and there wouldn't be need for a separate charging port.

EDIT: about the hacking, the Wii was hacked through SD at first, USB came later, so just putting an SD slot would make the 3DS hackable. USB would just make it easier xD

ykhan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@popoffka

actually i was talkin bout the usb
but now you mention it the os style menu could be hackable too like when the psp first came out and it didnt have much protection u could use that program power iso to hack it
but you used the usb port to connect to your computer so the usb and os menu would work together to hack it
mellow.gif

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
davidsl_128 said:
EDIT: about the hacking, the Wii was hacked through SD at first, USB came later, so just putting an SD slot would make the 3DS hackable. USB would just make it easier xD
How does an SD slot make it hackable? How would a USB slot make hacking easier? Just having the access to such hardware doesn't automagically allow unsigned code to be run.

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
Haha, it amazes me... no matter what the system, everyone thinks "how me get pr0n?"
laugh.gif
That's right! We must add a new rule to the Rules of the Internet: If it has screen, it must be able to play pr0n.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
popoffka said:
xcdjy said:
Haha, it amazes me... no matter what the system, everyone thinks "how me get pr0n?"
laugh.gif
That's right! We must add a new rule to the Rules of the Internet: If it has screen, it must be able to play pr0n.
DSi as it is can play pr0n, just surf to imageboards on it.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Snorlax said:
davidsl_128 said:
How does an SD slot make it hackable? How would a USB slot make hacking easier? Just having the access to such hardware doesn't automagically allow unsigned code to be run.
well using usb slot is easier because, it can be connect the device to pc directly, so it can make hacking easier because we can test it right away! (at least thats what i think
unsure.gif
)

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
azure0wind said:
Snorlax said:
davidsl_128 said:
well using usb slot is easier because, it can be connect the device to pc, so it can make hacking easier because we can test it right away! (at least thats what i think
unsure.gif
)
So, you're saying you can't connect an SD card to your computer? I can, and most people can do it too.
I don't think the method of hacking changes, however, that depends on if the OS handles the USB slot differently than the SD slot.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
pcmanrules said:
I love being able to plug the PSP straight into my pc, it charges while i move files about. I'd love a usb as long as we get a full os like the XMB for PSP and it's features. At least the PSP has more features than it started with.
This. The DS Lite and Phat didn't get firmware updates. That made them even more worthless than they already are. The DSI is actually a good thing, because it allows firmware updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.