Hacking USB port compatibility with GH games?

FriedCinema

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's my problem, when I run guitar hero world tour or guitar hero metallica off of the backup loader 0.3, nothing I plug into the usb port in the back will work.

EX:
I run Guitar Hero World Tour with rock band drums plugged into the wii, but the blue light on the drums doesn't turn on and the game doesn't recognize that I have anything plugged in. I try again with my rock band mic this time... Still nothing.

Now I'm worried that if I buy a world tour kit, it wont work and I would have wasted 50 dollars. So is there some setting on gator's backup launcher that I need to enable for the usb to work? Or does it just not support it, and I need to actually buy the game like a normal person?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think rock band 1 equipment is compatible with other games at all. As far as I was able to tell I think the World Tour equipment has the most compatibility as it works for all guitar hero games as well as rock band 2 (but still not rock band 1). Because guitar hero world tour drum set has 5 pads plus the foot pedal, rock band equipment doesn't work for it at all. Not sure about other instruments though.

Also I believe if you have cios rev9 or 10 installed for the usb loaders, unless you installed hermes' cios to ios222 and use his uloader usb loader, other usb devices won't work in backup loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.