USB loading not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by emperorblade, Feb 7, 2011.

1. emperorblade
    OP

emperorblade Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2011
    Belgium
    Hello guys, I am very new to the softmod scene and just got into it a couple of weeks ago. I have a firstgen PAL wii with 4.2E

I followed the CompleteSoftmodGuide on http://sites.google.com/site/completesg to softmod my Wii
    I have bootmii as boot2, installed cios rev 21.

but when i try to load a usb it always freezes. this happens in USB loader GX, cUSB loader, Neogamma and Wiiflow. I have tried several USB drives and sticks on NTFS, FAT32 and WBFS but it's always the same.
    I have also installed Darkcorp and because of that, i can play wii backup disks, the gamecube backup disks make the wii reboot.

I know this must be a stupid problem because i can't find questions of the same nature on FAQs, i must have forgot something esential?
    thanks in advance

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Hi there. Welcome to gbatemp. [​IMG]

Hmm...at first glance, everything seems fine. The completesoftmodguide is up to date, your wii has a nice model and firmware number, having bootmii and cios rev21 installed is also good...

So why don't the USB drives work? Strange...A couple questions/remarks:

-have you tried switching the ports, and are you sure the devices are turned on? (yes, I know...kinda basic...but it has to be checked)
    -you haven't mentioned the homebrew channel (or HBC). Is it updated to 1.0.8?
    -not all USB devices are supported. Check this list for more info.
    -if you have a supported one...I suggest partitioning it as a FAT32 partition.
    After (re)creating it (make sure to set it as active and primary), create a folder "\apps" on the drive.
    Then download Syscheck and put it in a subfolder within that apps folder, so it looks like USB:\apps\syscheck\boot.dol (copy the other files there as well, even though they just provide some eye candy).
    Then connect your drive to your wii, go to the HBC and press '1'. A menu should pop up where you can select your usb drive. If all goes well, you should see the syscheck application there. So congrats: this USB drive IS recognized. [​IMG]
    -run that application and let it do a scan of your wii internals. At the end, it'll create a file with some text about your IOS'es and cIOS'es in the root of your drive. Would you please copy-paste that here?

Good luck. [​IMG]

3. dnstilke

dnstilke Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2009
    United States
    Hi I am having issues with my USB loaders as well, mine works for most games but there are a handful that will start to load and give me a black screen, or just start out giving me a black screen. I am unsure what happened because they all played well at first. I have loaded the Syscheck on my wii and am running the test on it now, does it usually take awhile when check the IOS vulnerabilites?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice