Hacking USB loaders and .rars

idleivey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got about 150 games to backup onto a 500gb WD Passport drive. I Currently have the drive dual partitioned with 480gb WBFS and 20gb FAT32. Those 150 games are all in .rar format so I've been extracting them one at a time and moving them over with WBFS Manager but its a slow process. Is there a faster way to do this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think so, there is no teracopy for wbfs
laugh.gif
or something, sorry
frown.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, that's basically the same, because you must convert it to a wbfs file before you can copy it to fat32.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesnt WBFS Manager allow you to select the RAR files too (as long as you have the HDD space on your PC for it to hold the extracted images and the RAR files) ? then you just leave it and it'll extract the files and then transfer the images itself.

If WBFS doesnt have that ability, then one of the programs that transfers Wii images to external drive does, possibly WBFS_intelligent_GUI. I'm pretty sure WBFS Manager does it, though.

Good Luck

idleivey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like your right resincakes!

It is doesn't extract as fast but I can do a batch of them. Tried to do all 150 at once and that didn't work so I'm just doing them in blocks of 20.

Thanks.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
This is an classic batch job. I'm not fit in windows batching, but it should work like this:
Code:
for %%r in *.rar
ÂÂ unrar "%r"
ÂÂ set i=%r with ".rar" removed
ÂÂ wwt --auto add "%i"
ÂÂ del "%i"
endfor
use del only, if unrar will NOT delete the source.

With linux and and wit 1.01c (better pipe support) you can directly say:
unrar --to-stdout "$r" | wwt --auto add - --psel data
--to-stdout is not the real name

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it