Hacking USB Loader - Loading Issues

phrozenfeonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed usb loader, and everything's fully running.

First game I tried dumping was bust a move bash, as i know it's a small size. Game boots and runs perfect.

Now any other game will not boot from USB loader. I'm using all legit games, so i'm not concerned about it being a media issue.

I do have a wiikey installed, and i'm on 3.3u, ntsc wii.

Only have the latest homebrew channel, ios36 rev9, and usb loader 1.1 installed, i've never installed anything else.

Games are crashing just after the health warnings, with the exception of bust-a-move bash, which is fully playable.

Am i missing something like an IOS or cIOS?

{EDIT: Using WBFS apps on the pc and ripping isos of backups got everything working. Thanks Bladexdsl}

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
transfer games with wbfs tool play games through 1.1. some games need a disc in the drive ANY disc will do just throw 1 n there and leave it there.

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I had problems ripping my games too (from original disks) using the loader. Only managed to rip ssbb. But that is freezing both on 1.1 and 1.0.

A rip to ISO i made for my mk wii (orig) which i later uploaded using wbfs_win worked fine though.
Same with my madworld.

I have wiikey too so I think the loader might be having some issues when the wii is chipped.

I will try to rip all my disks to isos and then load those and see how it goes from there.

phrozenfeonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case it will help clarify anything, with most games that don't load, the screen goes to black, with the exception of Wii Fit.

All games ripped so far were ripped with 1.1, so maybe bladexdsl is right. I will try 1.0 ripping tonight when i get home.

I first installed 1.0, but it kept giving me ret = -1 errors, so i checked online and saw 1.1, so i installed that. Still got ret = -1 so i tried a different external hard drive, and that's when i got bust-a-move bash loaded.

Even if i "init" the (ret=-1 hdd) with wbfs windows, i still will get the ret = -1 error in usb loader, so i'm assuming the drive is incompatible.

Also, do regions matter? I know that my originals are obviously all ntsc america, same with my wii, but what about imports? My friends imported a couple games (not sure which ones) and they're wondering if this will work for them. Currently they have YAOSM chips in their wiis.

phrozenfeonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay a bit of a progress update. I formatted my hard drive to fat32, put it back on the wii and opened up usb loader 1.0, formatted back to wbfs, dumped wii play.

Launched wii play from usb loader 1.1, works like a dream...

Dumped bust-a-move bash and super mario galaxy, both hang after the safety precautions.

Bust-a-move worked beforehand, and SMG never worked for me. Am i missing something?

phrozenfeonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also tried Wii Sports, hands on wrist strap screen.

I've tried all 4 games with and without a disc in, but it makes no difference.

phrozenfeonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, i will try that today after work hopefully.

Also, is any of this region specific at all?

NTSC Wii, with wiikey
USB loader
cios36 rev9

Am i missing anything?

phrozenfeonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather than re-ripping all my originals, is there a way i can just put a backup that i have in my PC and making an ISO out of it, IE: with imgburn, nero, or alcohol? I know on ps1 and xbox I've been able to just image my backups this way, once copying games to hard drives became common.

Or is there a tool that will rip an ISO in under 2 hours? I've been out of the wii scene for a while, and the last time I've done any ripping it would take about 4 hours. Since then I've switched to just downloading ISOs, but i'm not sure i want to go through all the bandwidth again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: