Hacking USB Loader GX (vWii) stopped working

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendont has been updated to skip any non compatible drives, so you can now connect them in any order you want.
You need to still connect the vWii HDD on the back. (front port will not work with USBLoaders, but it works if you only want nintendont)

The new USBloaderGX I posted above should fix the HDD detection by using IOS58 by default (keeping the IOS provided by HBC).
I don't know if it will help everyone of only some users, that's why I released a test version in this thread (all users had this issue here).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, of course you still need to hide your wii drive, or else the wiiU will ask to format it.
the problem was that using both Wii and WiiU HDD connected at the same time when launching nintendont wasn't always working based on the USB Port you used.
now it has no issue, you can connect the drive in any order you want.

falto2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nintendont has been updated to skip any non compatible drives, so you can now connect them in any order you want.
You need to still connect the vWii HDD on the back. (front port will not work with USBLoaders, but it works if you only want nintendont)

The new USBloaderGX I posted above should fix the HDD detection by using IOS58 by default (keeping the IOS provided by HBC).
I don't know if it will help everyone of only some users, that's why I released a test version in this thread (all users had this issue here).
Hi Cyan, I'm still having problems with the HDD. If I plug it in when the countdown appears it works, also if I run Nintendont before it works too, but if I left it plugged in, then usbloader freezes at "initializing usb".

I'm on vWii. I've tested the last mod version of usbloader and it fails. Also I tested it with the same version of usbloader on my Wii. It worked like a charm. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

falto2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
did you try latest stable (1268) and Loader's IOS set to 58 ? (same as nintendont and HBC and any other homebrew)
Yes. I tried latest stable (1268) algo I tested 1218 (a very old one). Loader's IOS set to 58, 249, 250, 251... IOS 58 and 251 do not even recognize the disk... Also tried editing manually the meta.xml, but didn't worked. Nintendont works perfect. The same thing happens with wiiflow...

PD: Why if I run Nintendont first and then usbloader it works?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiiflow has the same problem ?
usually, users reported that launching wiiflow first was a fix (like launching nintendont first).

The HDD init sequence is maybe done differently in nintendont.

falto2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
wiiflow has the same problem ?
usually, users reported that launching wiiflow first was a fix (like launching nintendont first).

The HDD init sequence is maybe done differently in nintendont.
I tested Wiiflow little. I don't know if there is any difference. How could I fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8