USB Loader GX sometimes gets stuck on Initialize USB Device

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Blasterbrew, Jan 14, 2019.

  1. Blasterbrew
    OP

    Blasterbrew Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    Jan 7, 2019
    United States
    Hi all, I have been using USB Loader GX on my wii for quite sometime. About 90% of the time it works fine and recognizes my HDD (WD 500GB External HD). But the other 10% it gets stuck on "Initialize USB Device" and I have to power off my wii. After restarting, it usually works fine. I used another external HD to see if it does the same, and it does (a 250GB HDD).

    However, I noticed when I use a 256 GB Flash Drive, this issue does not seem to occur (not yet anyways, I am using it frequently this week to see if the issue arises).

    Is this a common issue with USB Loader GX that sometimes it just locks up on "Initialize USB Device"?
     
  2. Escorpion

    Escorpion Balamb Seed

    Member
    5
    Aug 25, 2015
    Colombia
    Laguna Guatavita
    It was common to me too, that´s why i change forever to WiiFlow
     
    Last edited by Escorpion, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Cyan

    Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

    Global Moderator
    22
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the difference from wiiflow and USBLoaderGX is the default IOS.
    just set the same IOS than the one used in WiiFlow : IOS58

    USBLoaderGX > loader's settings > Loader's IOS : replace 249 with 58.
     
  4. Blasterbrew
    OP

    Blasterbrew Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    Jan 7, 2019
    United States
    @Cyan so you are saying if I change Loader's IOS from 249 with 58 on USB LoaderGX should solve the issue? Can't try it now since I am at work.
     
  5. Escorpion

    Escorpion Balamb Seed

    Member
    5
    Aug 25, 2015
    Colombia
    Laguna Guatavita
    Yes.
     
  6. Blasterbrew
    OP

    Blasterbrew Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    Jan 7, 2019
    United States
    @Escorpion , @Cyan I tested for about two days after changing IOS from 249 to 58. So far, I had no issues. Now, the "Initialize USB Device" barely lasts a second before it moves on to the next step in the startup process. I will continue testing during the week and see if my previous issues comes up again.
     
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...