USB Loader GX - Saved Game Files

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by drchink, Jun 24, 2015.

1. drchink
    OP

drchink Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    hi,

i was wondering if there was a way to have all the save game files to the usb hard drive? i have a wii u and a wii. i use the same hard drive for both and use USB Loader GX to play wii and gamecube games. is there a way to save my wii and gamecube game save files to the usb hard drive and let them load off that?

thanks in advance!

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Wii games:
    There's a way to redirect saves for Wii disc based games to SD or USB, but it's not working with all games.
    settings>loader settings>EmuNAND save : Set to Partial instead of OFF.

if you want to use your own Mii/wiimotes synch information/settings/etc., you need to make a full NAND dump of your console, and then set EmuNAND save to Full. It will use all information from the external device (mii, etc.), not only the save data.
    it's needed for games which use Mii (mario kart, wiifit, wiisport, etc.) if you use different consoles.

Attention :
    Wii and vWii should not share the same NAND, so it's better to keep it set to Partial.
    Well, you can try to set it to full and use a Wii dump on vWii, but I can't guarantee compatibility.

Like I said, some games don't like emuNAND (partial or full), for example Zelda skyward sword freeze if using emuNAND.
    A Fix for that would be to use Sneek to launch incompatible games.

Channels (wiiware, virtual consoles):
    Use EmuNAND channel (make a dump, install channels on it, enable "channels on emuNAND" in 4th top icon) and everything will be saved to that emuNAND.
    Not all channels are working with emuNAND, and like wii games the fix is to use Sneek.

Gamecube:
    if you use nintendont/devolution/DIOSMIOS/DIOSMIOSLIte then just enable Memory card emulation to save it to SD or USB.

3. drchink
    OP

drchink Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    thanks for the reply! :grog: you stated that i should use sneek to launch incompatible games. i'm not sure how to do this. i do have kenobigc.bin and kenobiwii.bin in a sneek folder on my sd card and usb hard drive for cheats.

would i use save manager gx to transfer my previously saved files to the external hard drive and would the wii and wii u read them from the external hard drive?

Last edited by drchink, Jun 25, 2015
  4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Savegame manager exports saves to file (for archival purpose).
    if you want to use these saves on your external while playing, just create a NAND dump (simpleFSDumper, or directly from USBLoaderGX>Settings>Features>Dump NAND)

The full NAND dump will contain all the data that your wii had, and you can use that dump as your external path to access and save on external device while playing.

1. make a dump
    2. settings>loader>EmuNAND save : Partial (or full)
    it will use the dump path instead of the Wii memory.

like I said, the WiiU vWii might not be compatible with a Wii NAND dump.
    I haven't try, so you will have to test if you can use the same dump (to use the same save files on both consoles)

Sneek is a different method to redirect NAND to external.
    instead of redirecting only the game trying to access the NAND, it redirects ALL the console's NAND and reboot the console. You end up into a virtual environment (the system menu, with channels, etc., but all are loaded from external)
    it acts as if it was your real Wii memory and you launch the games directly from the system menu (VC/wiiware channels or Disc channel) not from an USBLoader.

I recommend you start getting used to simple EmuNAND option from the loader and see which game works and which are not.
    maybe you don't need neek at all.

if you need neek, you will have to learn how it works, what it is, how to install etc.

5. drchink
    OP

drchink Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    thanks for the help. i created a nand dump using USB Loader GX to my USB external hard drive. i set the paths to read the nand from the USB external hard drive but it doesn't seem to load my saved files with the Wii U on partial or full. so i either did something wrong or the NAND dump isn't compatible with the Wii U.

i just tested it out on my wii and deleted a few mii's. tested it out in mario kart wii on full and the deleted mii's were there, so it seems to be set up correctly. the Wii U just doesn't seem to read the NAND.:hateit: oh well, thanks again for the help!

Last edited by drchink, Jun 26, 2015