Hacking USB Loader GX random freezing

elijah_kujo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is fairly easy: Everytime I either try to change how games are displayed, or if I try to boot one, the loader "freezes": sound still plays, cursor still moves and will react to some things but not all.
Are there any easy fixes? I'm very much not an expert on wii cracking so please try to be understanding if I'm confused!

My hard drive is in FAT32, I've heard other people say this was why they had problems but mine's always been in FAT32 without any problems? at least for- the most I can remember?? ADHD might've hit my memory on that

The only thing I did that could've caused this is I cracked a family member's wii and plugged said hard drive to it, and that's the first time it went like this. I thought it was their wii as it wasn't on the latest update- something like one or two versions back-

Again I'm sorry if what I'm saying isn't useful! I only manage to crack wiis cuz it's easy and wii.guide exists- The rest I don't know/understand, so I'm doing my best to give the info I do know/understand and hope will help! I'd be happy to give more info if you give directions on where to find it? At least if it's on how my wii is cracked, I'd happily help you on what my SD card and hard drive are like, that I understand

Edit: if I go thru the list display, which is what it loads in, it lets me play a game? But when I switch to channel display, which is best for me as I don't have all the game covers on hand, it does the freezing as described before

Last edited by elijah_kujo,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try deleting all the cover images saved to your device, or renaming/moving the covers folder, so that when you load up GX next it doesn't display any games with covers, then see if it freezes. If not, slowly start adding back covers until you find the culprit

Edit: just reread this... when you say channel display you mean the actual banners? Could be a problematic banner. You can use the process of elimination to identify it, or you can switch to cover view and download the missing covers

Edit2: also make sure you're running the latest version of GX from @blackb0x 's signature (or modmii). Perhaps also post a syscheck as described here https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: jeannotte

elijah_kujo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, I think it was a problem with my GX version because updating it fixed it! Thank you for making me think of that!!!
I was indeed talking about banners! that word just- kinda flew out of my brain at the moment- I also realized I have no banners at all in the end and I'll look into maybe downloading them in case the banners break again
Thank you again!!!!!!

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Okay, I think it was a problem with my GX version because updating it fixed it! Thank you for making me think of that!!!
I was indeed talking about banners! that word just- kinda flew out of my brain at the moment- I also realized I have no banners covers at all in the end and I'll look into maybe downloading them in case the banners break again
Thank you again!!!!!!
No problem! And I think now you overcorrected and are thinking too much about banners, lol! I edited your message in the quote above :)

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr