USB Loader GX problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Instinctive, May 18, 2018.

1. Instinctive
    OP

Instinctive Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    Alright, I've been lurking around long enough. I don't feel like searching past page 2 on google, so here it goes.

Current Setup:
    Slot 249 - base 56 d2x v10 r52
    Slot 250 - base 57 d2x v10 r52
    Slot 251 - base 58 d2x v10 r52

Some games like Newer Super Mario Bros (a mod of the wii game) have a 50% chance of succeeding and actually being able to play. I'm wondering how I could make it more reliable because it's for a friend's wii and I do not want them to mess anything to come anywhere close to bricking their wii (It's bad enough where I only have USB Loader GX in the homebrew channel).

Here's how the problem starts and my solution that isn't that good:
    I open USB Loader GX with Game IOS set to default at 249. Black screen shows for 1 minute, no biggie I just restart and try slot 250. Slot 250 loads successfully, but the problem happens again after a session. I shut off the wii and if I wanted to try the game again, it would be black screen at slot 250, then I would restart it again and try slot 251. Slot 251 works but if I want to boot the game up again I have to use slot 249.

Hopefully it isn't too wordy for you guys, hopefully this can be fixed.

The situation with the wii is that I can only use it during the weekdays and at certain hours of the day, so any steps to troubleshooting will not be instant but over the course of a week. Apologies for any inconvenience.

P.S. I did find out through Wii Backup Manager that the game runs under base 36, should I add a CIOS to slot 252 with that?

**EDIT** realized this might be better under USB Loaders of forums, mods can feel free to move this post over.

Last edited by Instinctive, May 18, 2018
  2. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    Are you using a hard drive or a flash drive?

3. Instinctive
    OP

Instinctive Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    Flash drive, which reminds me.
    These are the games that are currently working: Mario Party 9, Project M, Smash Bros Brawl, mario All stars, wii sports, etc

4. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    I bet it’s the flash drive giving you issues. Doesn’t matter if it’s compatible, they are nothing but problems. Do yourself a favor and get a harddrive either with external power or a Y cable and be done with it

5. Instinctive
    OP

Instinctive Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United States
    Prefer not to spend any extra money as I had an unused flash drive laying around

6. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    Good luck. If the flash drive doesn’t work there is nothing that will make it work.

7. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

@ Instinctive:

Use an external hard drive instead, it will work better than your USB key.
    An external hard drive does not cost very much now, and in addition you will have a higher storage capacity to store more items.