Hacking USB Loader GX problem

BadAssDoom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using USB Loader GX for almost a year now with the same hard drive . I tried to play monster hunter today for the first time and got the black screen and high pitch sound , some told me to use Ios 222 so I selected it in the Monster hunter game load menu and just got a black screen. When I restarted my Wii and opened Loader Gx I got the message:
No WFBS or FAT/NTFS partition found
you need to select or format a partition.
When I choose select I see the partition but there are no games in it, when I connect it to WBFS Manager 3.0 I get the message:
Error occurred while loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WFBS format.

Does this mean all my games are lost and I need to reformat?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Recently I was getting the same blank screen problems with every game, but no corruption of the HDD. I had to switch to the Configurable USB Loader in order to play my games now. I don't know what's the problem the USB Loader GX, but I can't use it if it doesn't play the games.

BadAssDoom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dimensional said:
Huh. Recently I was getting the same blank screen problems with every game, but no corruption of the HDD. I had to switch to the Configurable USB Loader in order to play my games now. I don't know what's the problem the USB Loader GX, but I can't use it if it doesn't play the games.
Huh?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BadAssDoom said:
Dimensional said:
Huh?
For some reason, the recent USB Loader GX revisions haven't been working for me. No matter what games I select, I always get a blank screen. I disabled cheats, changed the IOS used when needed, but I still get a blank screen. For some reason, I don't get this problem when I use the Configurable USB Loader. That one I can still play games on.

ThisLittlePiggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is EXACTLY what happened to me.

I've been using USB Loader GX for almost a year now with the same hard drive .
Me too

I tried to play monster hunter today for the first time and got the black screen and high pitch sound , some told me to use Ios 222 so I selected it in the Monster hunter game load menu and just got a black screen. -
Can't remember exactly what happened, but I was also trying to play MH3 for the first time and had various problems.

When I restarted my Wii and opened Loader Gx I got the message:
When I choose select I see the partition but there are no games in it, when I connect it to WBFS Manager 3.0 I get the message:
Error occurred while loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WFBS format.
Me too

I didn't particularly try to recover. I decided to reformat as FAT32 so I could play WiiWare from the hard disk. [But I've not been successful at that, which is what I've come here looking for help with.]

So, I'm not looking to recover, but since my experience was exactly the same as yours I thought it was worth mentioning it.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok both of you, do you have Hermes v4 installed? Usbgx needs it to detect fat32. I had that problem of not seeing my games but in global options choose ios222 or 223 whichever slot u install Hermes to and u may need to exit and return. This fixed it for me. Try using cfg loader to see if it loads your games. If it does the problem is in gx and not your drive.

ThisLittlePiggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers bugaveli. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm happy now. I've reformated and switched to CFG Loader (which I'm finding more win than Loader GXl), so I'm not looking for a solution here.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no prob. I used to love gx but lately its nothing but trouble for me. 898 was the last rev that i got working. it was picky as hell with hermes and fat32 so i just switched. only problem with cfg is its not as dumbed down as gx, bad for ppl who dont kno what theyre doing.

Marsje79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ThisLittlePiggy said:
This is EXACTLY what happened to me.

I've been using USB Loader GX for almost a year now with the same hard drive .
Me too

I tried to play monster hunter today for the first time and got the black screen and high pitch sound , some told me to use Ios 222 so I selected it in the Monster hunter game load menu and just got a black screen. -
Can't remember exactly what happened, but I was also trying to play MH3 for the first time and had various problems.

When I restarted my Wii and opened Loader Gx I got the message:
Me too

I didn't particularly try to recover. I decided to reformat as FAT32 so I could play WiiWare from the hard disk. [But I've not been successful at that, which is what I've come here looking for help with.]

So, I'm not looking to recover, but since my experience was exactly the same as yours I thought it was worth mentioning it.

The same thing happened to me too, my wbfs formatted drive was corrupted after starting MH Tri.
I did not use usbloaderGX since it happened, Im on cfg with ios 222 on NTFS now.
Until I am sure GX does not open the drive as RW I wont go back altough it was a great
loader with nice animated spinning discs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...