USB Loader GX problem on vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by legendtaker236, Jan 19, 2015.

1. legendtaker236
    OP

legendtaker236 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    San Bernardino, California
    i am having an issue trying to get the USB Loader gx to work on the vwii in the wii u

i installed the HBC and was able to get nintedont to work and it works fine with USB Loader

i followed this tutorial to try to get Wii games to work

now i ripped my copy of punchout and converted it to Wfbs format, and placed it on my flash drive "as wfbs/Punchout [P7PP01]/P7PP01.wfbs" and it shows on the loader, but when i try to load the game it kicks me to the HBC,

im pretty sure i installed everything. but can anyone assist me as to why it doesnt want to work

2. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    first Punchout is not P7PP and wfbs is not a valid extension for wii games.

3. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I'm afraid he's using the old wbfs method.
    legendtaker236 you just need ntfs and/or fat32 format to storage your backups, Wiibackup Manager for PC should help you to convert between formats.

4. tswntk

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    didn't you notice hes on wfbs not wbfs?
    I hope it was a typo but I don't like spoon feeding and I hope P7PP is just another typo.

5. legendtaker236
    OP

legendtaker236 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    San Bernardino, California
    sorry typo on my fault, it was wbfs i was trying to type, but as for the P7PP01 i flubbed that too, i put a PAL game id on my us version of Punchout but would that make a difference if it still read that it was punchout

but my drive is formatted to FAT32, when i try to use wiibackup manager it says i have to format my flash drive, but then i cant add any gamecube games, and i cant for the life of me partition my drive.

its been a long time since i did homebrew on wii, especially vWii

6. tswntk

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    Punch out should be R7PP / R7PE
    I have never name my games with wrong IDs so I don't know how they will react.
    Why don't you use Wii Backup Manager to transfer and name your games properly? It supports transferring to FAT32 and even NTFS partitions
    Read the instructions on how to use Wii Backup Manager properly and if you still have problem, re-rip the game.