Homebrew app USB Loader GX not working properly despite working before.

SparkyThePichu512

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason, USB Loader GX does not work through either Game Shortcuts or the Homebrew Channel.
When loading through HBC, when it goes to the menu, the Wii freezes, but when I'm trying to load a game through a WAD, theres a message that says, "Failed loading IOS 58. USB Loader GX requires a cIOS or IOS58 with AHB access. Exiting...", then it exits to the Wii Menu.

My flash drive has worked before, as I've loaded games on it, but now it's not working anymore, and I'm not sure why, as I remember adding cIOS to my Wii via the guide for it.

UPDATE: I found out that deleting Nintendon't somehow fixes USB Loader GX, but the same issues arise when Nintendon't is installed on the USB.
Hopefully, I can find a way to fix this to play GC games.

Last edited by SparkyThePichu512,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the flashdrive worked fine before with your (v)Wii and only added some games. Run a error check on your SDCard and flashdrive with Powershell chkdsk X: /r (X > driveletter). Redownload and replace the loader dol, because maybe its corrupted.
For a full checklist to resolve possible problems check here.

Just for info: flashdrives, -pens, -stick, -adapter are not recommended because they often cause incompatibility problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over