Hacking USB Loader GX not detecting USB

MyJoyConRunsHot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if the type of USB device makes a difference. I'm using an Ipod shuffle as a storage device that registers in windows as a USB device, but is not detected in the USB loader. I tried both USB ports but it isn't working.

MyJoyConRunsHot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan
I'm using an Ipod Classic 30GB now. The WBFS manager is now telling me an error occurred when trying to format the drive.

p.s. The list is a little unclear, would a Hip Street micro sd card/sd card reader work?

MyJoyConRunsHot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan
Ok. So I acquired an ISO file and followed this video (another video told me to format to WBFS and changed the unit size to 2048):

Pugged the ipod into my Wii left-most port(when the Wii is standing up), and now the USB loader GX keeps freezing on "Initializing USB Device".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
use the bottom port when the Wii is horizontal.

If you kept FAT32 it's fine. Don't follow youtube video (never! they are old and/or incorrect... I really don't understand why youtubers can't do proper tutorial, only n00bs who don't understand what they are explaining are making youtube tutorials). The video you posted seems fine (except he doesn't know how to use winrar, and he didn't tell how to setup WiiBackupManager)

Maybe your Ipod is not working with USBLoaderGX. of maybe you don't have the latest USBLoaderGX, or maybe you don't have the correct settings or cIOS.
Don't you have another hard drive to test if your setup is working before trying with Ipod?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3.0 is the last "number", but there are a lot of revision numbered 3.0
3.0 revision 1180 is the latest "major release"
3.0 revision 1233 is the latest available version. you can find it in my signature.

I don't know why your ipod is not working.
Maybe it's a setting issue, try another loader.

You can use anything with USB (can be a MicroSD to USB adapter).
But USB drives should be cheap, no need to buy 4TB, 300GB is already enough.
you can also buy flash drives (8, 16 or 32GB are enough depending on the number of games you want to keep at the same time), but some flashdrives have more issues with USBLoaderGX than external hard drives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.