Hacking USB Loader GX keeps resetting my custom paths

Iggyrgw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently switched my set up from a 16gb USB stick, to a 500gb HDD.

When I boot up, I get the "Waiting for HDD" prompt and usually have to wait about 20 seconds every time i turn my wii on (I boot straight into USB Loader via Priiloader)

I don't mind that so much, but the really irritating thing is all of my custom paths keep reverting to usb8:/ and i have to manually set my cover art folders (Full, 3d, 2d, disk) and my nintendont and homebrew app folders every time i boot now. Its so frustrating cause a clean UI is really important to me.

That isn't the only thing having path finding issues. My homebrew channel doesnt seem to find my apps folder. Even after hitting '1' to adjust what I load from, USB isnt even an option. Strangely however, the homebrew channel gateway in the bottom right of the usb loader gx menu has all of my apps appear just fine. (When I reset the custom paths of course)

Im sorry if this is a dumb post. Ive been looking for an answer for a while now.

Any help is appreciated!

Iggyrgw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone finds this in the future that has my issue. I was able to solve this problem (no thanks to the folks here :glare:)

Because I switched my storage from one usb to another, USBLoaderGX was confused, and kept trying to use the config files from my old drive.

Just simply replace your USBLoader file with a fresh one from where you installed it.

Delete your old usbloader file from your /apps folder on your drive, and add this new one. I even threw out my cover art and everything, just to be safe.

I hope this helps someone out there!

Shihiro1177

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In case anyone finds this in the future that has my issue. I was able to solve this problem (no thanks to the folks here :glare:)

Because I switched my storage from one usb to another, USBLoaderGX was confused, and kept trying to use the config files from my old drive.

Just simply replace your USBLoader file with a fresh one from where you installed it.

Delete your old usbloader file from your /apps folder on your drive, and add this new one. I even threw out my cover art and everything, just to be safe.

I hope this helps someone out there!
It did, thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte