USB Loader GX game names

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TyBlood13, Sep 26, 2012.

Sep 26, 2012

USB Loader GX game names by TyBlood13 at 9:27 PM (8,290 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TyBlood13
    OP

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    I need to be able to change the names of some of my games in USB Loader GX, as some of them looked very stupid and annoying. Example, all my Mario Party games come up as Mario Party X, but Mario party 4 shows up as MarioParty4 and is on the list after a few games that are after the other mario parties, or Metroid comes up as METROID_3_CORRUPTION, etc. Please help me change the names to look right.

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Is your wii connected to internet?

If yes then go to USBGX settings > Page 3 > Update menu > and choose Update WiiTDB.xml (it will download it from gametdb.com)
    It's a file with all the correct game's names.

If your wii is not connected to internet, go to http://gametdb.com > Game database link.
    download the file wiitdb.zip manually, and extract the file wiitdb.xml in your SD or USB, in the same folder than USB Loader GX.
    SD or USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/wiitdb.xml

Then, to be sure that the data from this file is used by the loader, go to USBGX settings > Page1 > Features > Use Gametdb Titles : Enable it.

DonsSword, Rydian and TyBlood13 like this.
  3. DonsSword

Newcomer DonsSword Newbie

United States
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This has been driving me mad, now everything is where it belongs, and the world is rainbows, puppies, and kittens.

Seriously, thanks.

4. Duncan Idaho

Member Duncan Idaho GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    wooops, sorry.

Last edited by Duncan Idaho, Dec 27, 2015