Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I'm trying to install some of my (retail) games to my WBFS external drive using USB Loader GX. I'm using the latest revision (as of this post), 929.

Everything else seems to work (launching games, downloading cover art, etc.), but every time I click the + button to install a game, I get a quick pop-up dialog, which goes by too quickly for me to see it, then nothing, just the background of the loader's interface (no buttons). All I can do from that point is turn off my Wii.

My Wii's one of the launch units, running 4.2U, cIOS 249. This isn't my first softmod - I've done it twice before and USB Loader GX worked perfectly every time. I'm still using the same USB drive, a Western Digital MyBook, and I haven't reformatted it or anything.

The reason I'm trying to install my games to the drive is because my Wii currently has a lot of trouble reading discs - it seems to be random, occasionally I'll get a disc to spin up enough to work (Metroid Prime Trilogy seems to work best, it's my newest game). I can get it to launch from both the standard disc channel and the loader, but can't install at all.

Any suggestions or ideas as to what could be wrong?

sup3rst4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine is the same, flashes up with please wait or something similar then just disappears....
frown.gif

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why not try another loader, maybe you will get an error that will tell you a little more about the underlying issues. Maybe not. Maybe it might just work too =)

Or try re-formatting the HDD. Make sure you have the correct cIOS's as well for your loader and HDD Formatted type. Normally a minimum of v17 of 249, and V4 of 222/223.

Vertimyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
C.S.I. said:
Why not try another loader, maybe you will get an error that will tell you a little more about the underlying issues. Maybe not. Maybe it might just work too =)

Or try re-formatting the HDD. Make sure you have the correct cIOS's as well for your loader and HDD Formatted type. Normally a minimum of v17 of 249, and V4 of 222/223.

How can I check my cIOS versions? I know for a fact that I'm using v17 of 249, as reported in USB Loader GX's 'credits' section at the top.

Edit: I just reformatted the drive, still nothing. Remember, I can launch already-installed games fine, and I can install games via WBFS Manager on my PC fine, but can't install via USB Launcher GX for some reason.

Update: Just used uLoader with cIOS 222, working great so far. Not sure why GX isn't working though.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vertimyst said:
C.S.I. said:

How can I check my cIOS versions? I know for a fact that I'm using v17 of 249, as reported in USB Loader GX's 'credits' section at the top.

Edit: I just reformatted the drive, still nothing. Remember, I can launch already-installed games fine, and I can install games via WBFS Manager on my PC fine, but can't install via USB Launcher GX for some reason.

Update: Just used uLoader with cIOS 222, working great so far. Not sure why GX isn't working though.

Download DOP-Mii or MMM, and use that to scan and report your cIOS (and regular IOS) Versions.

Maybe now have a look also at the Loader GX's thread for a more specific fix.

JHarris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say I seem to be having the same problem, and under the same conditions, that is to say I have a launch-day Wii.

dfunked

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kittymat said:
Down grade to rev921

reports of issues ripping from 922 onwards
Thank you so much!!!
USB loader GX was working perfectly on a drive that I prepared in WBFS manager, but I just couldn't install anything from my own discs. Downgraded to 921 and it works perfectly!

4.2E, and my first softmod is finally working properly!!!!

(just had to register to thank you for saving my sanity!)

/edit
I get a black screen now when I try to play games, but when I went back to 929 it works perfectly... For the time being I guess I have to switch between 921 for installing and 929 for playing
blink.gif

Bertin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
petspeed said:
Download the .dol for the version you want from here: http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/dow...e+DownloadCount and replace it with the .dol on your SD card og USB HDD.

Hi, i am having the same problem too and i want to change the .dol and im not too sure how to do this to get to r921. Do i just put the r921.dol in the root folder of my sd card? Will it load automaticaly? Cause you said replace the one on your sd/Hdd but i have none on mine. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16