USB loader GX creates unwanted save files!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Daru, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Daru
    OP

Daru Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Brazil
    Hey there.
    How are you people?

Guys, I need a little tip...
    Before Hacking my Wii to play the games by an external HD I used to play with the original game's disc. Yesterday I decided to present a friend of mine with my SSBB, Mario Kart Wii and NSBB original games. He does not have an hacked Wii and doesn't want to hack it. Games here in Brazil are too expensive and he can't afford all he want. As I have one that doesn't need original games to give me fun, I gived to him without thinking twice. Today, when I went to play Mario Kart in USB Loader GX I had an unpleasant surprise...

The game created a new save file!

I feared thinking that my save file would have been erased or something... But when I went to check I saw 2 save files! I suppose one is from my original game and the other is from the wbfs game... But I can't tell what is what. They are iddentical but just in appearance...!

I went to test this with New Super Mario Bros and it ended with the same result... It created a new save file! And now what? I don't want to re-start from the zero these games... I've worked so hard on them, I finished them in 100%! I didn't started SSBB for a logical reason. I don't want it to create a new save file.

Is this normal? There's a way to make my wbfs games load the original save files? And, well, if there's a way, I want to make this possible without harming the other save files... I've been playing Skyward Sword on the USb Loader Gx and I don't want to lose the save file. I want to make the games read existing save files and stop them creating separeted ones!

Hope someone can help me...
    Thank you for your attention.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    When you said you saw two save files, I suppose you checked the save files in the official Wii's menu?
    USBLoaderGX doesn't create saves (the game does) and doesn't change GameID. Are you sure the Game region are the same? One is maybe PAL and the other NTSC.
    If it creates a new save file in the Wii's memory management screen, there's a chance that you didn't dump the game from THAT disc you are trying to play from.

If you didn't check in the official Wii menu, maybe you enabled Partial EmuNAND? it's saving on SD/USB instead of the console's internal memory.

3. Daru
    OP

Daru Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Brazil
    Cyan, thank you for your answer.

Well, yes, I'm checking the save files from the offcial Wii's menu.
    I've just checked here on the Dolphin Emulator and the Mario Kart and NSMB are Pal. Only SSBB is not.
    I've just played SSBB to check and it loaded my save file.
    I'm so ashamed now. Hahaha
    At least I could learn something new today.

Thank you very much, Cyan.