Homebrew USB Loader GX crashes when trying to load software

achyoav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I installed USB Loader GX usisng the homebrew launcher for the vWii, and I put on some games on a USB drive using WBFS Manager 2.5, and the loader recognizes the drive and the games on it, but whenever I try to load a game, it crashes back to the home screen/hombrew launcher (it depends on where I started it). Do you know what can I do?

Last edited by achyoav,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WBFS Manager 2.5
first bad idea.
use wii Backup Manager instead.
WBFS Manager will corrupt your drive when you delete a game.

* Deleted post to a Youtube tutorial*
Second bad idea.
If you need help, ask us, but please, do not follow random youtube videos. (that's great wanting to help but it's often done by users not understanding what they are explaining, giving outdated links because the video is old and can't be updated, done for a specific plateform and not necessarily the one the user want without knowing he shouldn't follow it)

but whenever I try to load a game, it crashes back to the home screen
You didn't install a custom IOS.
you need to follow a softmod guide to install d2x cIOS in slot 249. (and some guide will also tell you to install in slot 250)
You only need one patched system :

d2x v10 BETA52 for vWii (DO NOT INSTALL BETA53 ! EVEN IF A RANDOM GUIDE TELL YOU TO DO IT)
Slot 249
base 57
version 21010

that's all.

Just extract the link to your SD card, run the installer from the homebrew channel and install what I told just above : d2x v10 r52 base 57 in slot 249.
all your games will work. you don't need any more changes.

note: you said vWii, but posted in the Wii section of the forum.
I linked to the vWii installer, I hope that's the correct one.
if you are on a Wii, let me know and I'll give you the correct version.

dazcalvo

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
hi, when i try to do this on mi vwii usb loader gx doesn't recognice mi HDD after aplying the patch can you help me? i instaled by error the wii patch after the vwii patch but i put the good patch in the same slot so... i'm new on this so...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, when i try to do this on mi vwii usb loader gx doesn't recognice mi HDD after aplying the patch can you help me? i instaled by error the wii patch after the vwii patch but i put the good patch in the same slot so... i'm new on this so...

upload your syscheck by hacksden. if you mean vwii patch, I know @Cyan once posted that v10 is best for vwii and v8 final for normal wii. make sure the cios are using the right one. also, don't mix and match cios versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over